My temporary car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My temporary car

Here's my temporary set of wheels. Just got it today.

It's got the ultra powerful 1.9 SDI (that's right - no turbo) engine.
    14" steel wheels
    and leaf sprung rear suspension

On the plus side it also has:

Electric Windows
    Electric Mirrors
    Remote Central Locking
    CD Player
    and it handles amazingly well for a polo saloon with a box on the back.

Much better than the one I've been in for the last few weeks and it's not sign written - perfect for my white van man alter ego.

I will post pics of my avant just as soon as I can keep it on the road long enough to get it home. I'm not sure I'll be able to drive the s2 though knowing my fire breathing caddy is waiting for me.

Ben
    Attached Files
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Holy camoly. Nice one :-P. I drive this one when need to get from point A to point B. Still waiting to get my hands on new S2 .

It MB slk 230 kompressor. It has :

All electro , old SONY Exploid CD few speakers but punch quite nice. Two color leather. Xenons. And yes All Favourite Cabrio Roof. :nana: :nana: :nana:
    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Not bad I guess if you like tug boats. Here's what I pilot on a daily basis to get from A to Z in 1/50th of the the time the SLK takes to drop it's skirt! sorry, I mean hood!

No electrics, no hood, no cd player, plastic seats, it does have a xenon headlight, oh yeah..... and accelerates from 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds and hits a ton in about 7 seconds.

Mind, I think Ben's wicked set of wheels would whoop my butt!
      Martyn
      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I managed a whopping 90mph in the caddy on the way home and 0-60 in about 10 minutes.

I'll stretch it this week though, it's only done 120 miles (it's an 03 reg). Are you supposed to run them in gently? Oh well, not my car, not my problem

Shouldn't moan though it is free transport and means I don't have to fuel the s2's drink habit.

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

It takes 12secs(according to manual) to get roof off. Feels like 5-6.

Nice bike you have Martynf. But how about safety ? Do you have any airbags that will help you in any case ??? hehe.

Btw I don't like to ride thease slk becouse on 17" wheels it too damn hard. And Latvia road are hell. Suspension service every 3-4 month. :mad:
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

5-6 seconds huh?? must be the McLaren teams tech's have tweaked it ;-)

Safety? no airbags no, but if I'm gonna stack it I head for the biggest pair of female airbags I can find and bury my head in them to soften the blow

Ride safe not slow, and fit loud pipes!
            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martinf, nice to know you're a biker as well.
              Here are my two babies (ahem... ... I mean my OTHER two babies, after my son, my wife and my beloved S2).

Marco

P.S. now my nick's explained
              Attached Files

Comment

I help to backup the roof with my hands Hehe.

If you will fall from such a bisty like your or catch a tree it's f*cking over.

Never liked bikes. Maybe I just can't ride them ? Maybe.

Biker forum ?
                Vadim.

Comment

WAY too go Marco!!!

What a nice pair you have! Cagiva for the daily hack and R1 for the weekend. TOP choice of bikes I REALLY want your rear blue spot to finish off my R1 brake conversion! I've got R1 front calipers and master cylinder with braided lines and HH pads all round.

I stuck an Ohlins on the back end, Gold valve emulators with cut down internals and Ohlins springs up front. Over bored up to 900cc, lowered gearing, flat slide carbs, straight thru cans and she goes like the wind , the perfect weapon for track days!

I'd love an R1 :wacked: one day.... I am very jealous of your rides! Pop one for me!!

Martynf
                  Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Sweeper,

Bikes are in the blood, some people love em some people loath them... but there isn't a car on the road that comes close to the accelaration, sorry, not even my beloved S2 is a par for them up to a ton. Marco's R1 would kick any cars butt!!

They are not inherently dangerous, it's other non-biking road users and stuff like diesel, white lines and pot holes that make biking dangerous.

There is nothing like a sunny day blasting down country lanes with straight thru cans and your knee on the deck to make you feel alive..... you arrive at the coast, park up, down a few cold drinks, talk a load of bull eat cheap crap food that'll kill you before the bike does then scratch all the way home destroying a set of £300 tyres in one day. NOTHING in life comes close to the freedom or enjoyment of biking.

Shoot... that does it, I'm outta here and heading for Hastings right now! last one to the sea buys the hot choclates!
                    Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Maybe maybe. Never tried. Need to put my batt on a beasty , one day.

My mom always was too strickt on me concerning any bike/superbike. My dad killed himself on a bike when I was still young. So there are no way I can ride one till I will be separated from my mom.

Never wanted. But I believe It worth it. heh.

Btw. Did that r1 , fast one ? I suppose yes concering how martyn talks about it.

Cheers.
                      Vadim.

Comment

Fair enough Sweeper, no-one can argue with that happening to your farther. Who knows, maybe one day you may.

The R1 is one VERY fast bike! I've got a video clip from an on fuel tank video cam of a guy in Germany hitting 174 mph on an autobahn, that's about 290 KMH roughly?? on a BIKE!!!

I've done 160mph on a bike and I can tell you, it is VERY scary!!! your head gets beaten by the wind so much your eyes take a couple of minutes to stop rolling about in your head!

The R1 puts about 140bhp at the back wheel and weighs about 160 kilos I think?? work out that power to weight ratio!!! it can lift the front wheel at 60mph on power alone and spin the back wheel in the dry with ease!! that is an EXTREME machine!!

Martynf
                        Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Nice. I had a video(i can try to find it) where a crazy one on honda i suppose make a 320km/h on bike on autobahn. Looks nice. Not scary

Do you ever seen Getaway from Stockholm series (video) ? Nice bikes and very profesional rider there.

Cheers.
                          Vadim.

Comment

:-) not seen that video?? if I can download it from somewhere, better not here!! bandwidth!! I'd love to see it :-))
                            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I've got the video of some biker doing a wheelie and accelerating upto 220mph! 2.9Meg - who wants it?

Stockholm videos are cool.

The video of the **** in a 355 doing a burnout down a street and sideswiping another car is funny - ****!
                              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Working...
                              X