No announcement yet.

My temporary car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That I HAVE to see!!! the Stockholm vids, I bet they are on video tape though??

Doug if you can upload it? or maybe e-mail it to My e-mail address I'd like to see the 220 mph run....

Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

The bike vid has been sent
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I also have a video clip of an S2 maxed out on the speedo.
        2.35MB

A few S2 against other cars on the strip - Got quite a few - you can search on IMESH or Kazza or WinMX.

Comment

Would you guys be interested in hosting these vids on S2Forum for everyone to D/L? And is that legal? I'd love to see these myself...
          Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
          Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

I used to have a bike many years ago. For those who know bikes it was an RD350LC - the real one not the girlie YPVS thingy.

Someone once told me that the RD stood for 'road death' - in my case the LC stood fro 'Leg Cracker'. 11 June 1992 came off, hit a road sign and snapped both my femurs completely in half!!!:wacked:

Spent a month in hospital and about 6 months on crutches/walking sticks. Had full length metal nails running down each femur (internal) for 18 months.

All better now though and it doesn't stop me from snowboarding - dude

Bikes are cool, I just wasn't very good a riding them

Writing this made my legs ache........

Leigh
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Bah - your crappy bikes and S2s are no match for my current drive. 1.0 litre Polo, with lectric stuff and climate control that will actually sap horsepower before your very eyes. You can have your foot nailed through the floor, scrunching away at the footwell, going past a lorry at 71mph, turn the climate control on notch 4 and watch the lorry leave you in a smoke screen of crap as it catches up to the lorry in front and overtakes it by going 1mph faster over a distance of 8 miles on a dual carriageway, with tailbacks going to the continent from scotland.

Strange how people want to race me more with the stickers 'courtesy car' on the side too. The shame of it all. Being blown away by a 1.3 micra. I'm off to cash me chips in, it's all too stressful.

- the vibration is intense at 98mph, at which point the 'car' stops 'accelerating'. I apply that word in the loosest possible sense.
              'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Mik,

I don't mind sticking the vids on my personal site, it's hosted in Docklands house on the main backbone, let them chew up some of my bandwidth if you like? save this ones... or if we have plenty of BW on this site, Doug could probaly mail them to you if it's legal??
                Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

APNes - You Da Best MAN !!!!

Holy crap how I lought!!!!

I also a happy owner of a pure japan magical low-life car.

Honda Civic 1.5i-16V 1988. Sedan.

It has 3 magical features :

1) When you accelerate you are hardly pushed to the seat.
                  2) When you press brake you are(your teath) hardly pushet to the steering wheel.
                  3) When you try to go as fast as you can it stops at 87.5mph.

Holy crap how I love this peace of junk. Real "I don't cear what happends to you" car. Crushed it a little bit on the second day of recieving my driving licence.

APNes : P.S. You should sent an ECU of your 1.0 Polo to Mihnea. He should think it throught and remap it to say 200 HP.
                  Last edited by Sweeper; 8 July 2003, 00:05.
                  Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Leigh,

Road death or real dangerous I seem to remember!! Those were the days... I can smell the 2 stroke now... don't tell me... white with blue stripes?? belly pan?? :-)

I had nearly all the early rdees, coffin tanks the lot! 250's, 400's even.... a 350B! the pre water cool!! the scary one I got rid of very quickly was a 750 triple kwak 2 stoke, that was a real death machine!

Arr.. Chelsea bridge in the good ol days.... pineapple cheese burgers, too hot coffee that burnt your tongue for days! Castrol racing oil lingering in the air..... happy daze indeed....

Never got the Barry Sheen treatment like you though!! I bet that hurt big time! ouch!! I've broken both legs, fractured my wrist, fractured my collar bone, burst blood vessels and spent a few days in pain and then I bought a bike

Martyn
                    Last edited by Martynf; 8 July 2003, 00:09.
                    Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martyn

White with red stripes, goodrich hoses (brakes still didn't work), ported with K&Ns. Didn't look too good after the accident. Spent most of my recovery time getting it mint - only to sell it

Mind you it was the fastest £650 I ever spent. I reckon it did 0-60 in about 4 odd seconds

Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Originally posted by LPHUK2002
                        I used to have a bike many years ago. For those who know bikes it was an RD350LC - the real one not the girlie YPVS thingy.

Someone once told me that the RD stood for 'road death' - in my case the LC stood fro 'Leg Cracker'. 11 June 1992 came off, hit a road sign and snapped both my femurs completely in half!!!:wacked:

Spent a month in hospital and about 6 months on crutches/walking sticks. Had full length metal nails running down each femur (internal) for 18 months.

All better now though and it doesn't stop me from snowboarding - dude

Bikes are cool, I just wasn't very good a riding them

Writing this made my legs ache........

Leigh
                        Yeah, I know that bike qite well, the one with no fairings at all, round front headlight and.... no chance to turn unless you stopped and turned the bike with both your feet on the ground

One of my best friends had one and we had a lot of fun with it.

Anyway, as Martynf said, motorcycles are something you love or you hate. No half way. I have motorcycles in my blood and despite several injuries and my wife with all my parents and relatives pushing for making me sell them, I cannot stay without them. Feeling riding a bike is something only a biker knows. No car can beat it. No car can make 0-60 in 2.2 sec and 0-130 ~ 7.5 sec. But it's not only a matter of speed (I saw 310 kmh on my '92 FZR1000 ex-up tacho on the highway and 270 before the "tramonto turn" of Misano track).

Uh, by the way, my everyday bike (the Cagiva Raptor 1000) isn't as fast and extreme as the R1, but with 99.5 "real" hp at rear wheel is a wonderfull fun bike.

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
                          Mik,

I don't mind sticking the vids on my personal site, it's hosted in Docklands house on the main backbone, let them chew up some of my bandwidth if you like? save this ones... or if we have plenty of BW on this site, Doug could probaly mail them to you if it's legal??
                          That's cool if you're willing...I thought it'd be nice to have one place where we could grab these, and that way Doug would only have to send his videos once. As far as the legality of it, I have no idea, but I would think as long as you give credit where it's due (if possible) it shouldn't be a problem....
                          Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
                          Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

Worst car ever?

Sweeper - I'm not sure which was the worst car I ever owned - they are all down there in the depths of ferrous oxidising hell.

Maybe - Fiat Strada - blew up at 15mph. Pistons welded to bore.

Mini - brakeless - had to use handbrake and gearbox to slow the thing down. Loved alternators, and my 1 3/4 SU was 'specially modified' by myself to fit - unwittingly I'd punched a hole in the bottom of it, which accounted for the fueld range of about 25 miles and permenant smell of petraol, plus it instilled the unconscious fear of cooking to death.

Citroen AX 1.5d - great on economy - I thrashed it to within an inch of it's life and still never got less than 50mpg - most I got was 100mpg, but then it ran out and I had to walk 4 miles for some fuel. I popped the head gasket whilst running it in after 3 days, then again at something like 1 month and 4 months. Turns out it was a design fault. Trust the french to leave it to me to find em all. Build quality was of the 16.45 on Friday afternoon type, and stuff came off in your hand. Seats collapsed at 20k.

Citroen BX - the green crap it used for steering, brakes, suspension regularly pissed all over the floor. Cost me more in that than fuel. Also, every 6 weeks the engine would completely cut out, and just before it rolled to a halt (no foot brake you see) it would kick in again. The door solenoid failed on the drivers side door the day before it was due to be traded in. I handed the keys over and fooked off in the new car sharpish.

Citroen ZX TD - crap on fuel - I don't think it bettered 30mpg, but then I was always turning the fuel screw up and down in an attempt to tune it/kill the people in the car behind with black smoke. Nackered the thermostat, which warped the head and popped the head gasket. Then I got Citroen UK to pay for the repairs, after the dealer wanted £2k

Audi S2 - knocked em down from £18k to £12k then coughed up a bill for £3.5k the year after. Result. It's been a money pit ever since. And I miss it It would be cheaper for me to burn £100 notes in bundles of 20 every few months and run a Jag Xjs V12 (10-15mpg) than run this thing! And it's serviced 4 times a year, regardless of mileage!

'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

APnes : again you da man. !

How you trashed all thease cars ? The only problems I get with the cars is when I use drink&drive technique.

I hit 3 cars(3 times) in that state when I was owning my super SAAB 9000 CDE 16V with propan system(gas). The rear bamper is made of *something* becase everytime I hit a car with it i get NOTHING , not even a scratch but the target goes to a junk yard or to a very serious repair. I can't use reverse gear properly

Thease peace of SWEDEN technology cost me aroud 100$ for around 2 years of usage. Only few bulbs, brake pads and some stuff like sparks were changed. It ran sooo goood. But then came s2 coupe mania .

As for other strange phenomenas : I have a friend that bought a VW GOLF 1.3. When he was driving from a plato(whe he bought that car) he was driving so hard that engine supports wasn't able to take the pressure(crapy supports) and the engine fell out. Then he bought the same engine (1.3L) and installed it to this golf.
                              The phenomen is that this golf pulls soooooo hard that I don't really believe it's possible for a GOLF. But the engine look standart. It even smoked me few times on my S2
                              :confused:
                              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by MikQuattro
                                That's cool if you're willing...I thought it'd be nice to have one place where we could grab these, and that way Doug would only have to send his videos once. As far as the legality of it, I have no idea, but I would think as long as you give credit where it's due (if possible) it shouldn't be a problem....
                                Ok - tell me where you want these videos and I will post them - I have downloaded most of them off peer-to-peer progs so a lot of them will have no credits, a few have webpage links. We just need to state if they are anyones personal clips then we will remove them if asked.

I'll look out all the vids tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X