314mm dics under an Avus 16"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 314mm dics under an Avus 16"

any one got a pic of a porsche monoblock and 314mm disc under a 16" Avus for me to look at?

with rs2 brackets:
    after one week there were score lines on the calipers where the wheels had made contact. At best there was 1.5mm clearance.
    Attached Files

Comment

and......
      plenty more pics if you search the archives.
      Attached Files

Comment

ta for the pics looks like they go on fine. is this 314 set up vastly better than the standard one?

Comment

is there a part number for the 314 discs that you have to hane or are there several fit ments according to the monoblock caliper chosen. the ones i have in mind are blacl monoblocks if that means anything. whilst i am on what is the size of a std S2 disk and are the std S2 calipers single or twin pots?

are the black porsche monoblocks 4 pots?

Comment

Originally posted by lee davenport
            is there a part number for the 314 discs that you have to hane or are there several fit ments according to the monoblock caliper chosen. the ones i have in mind are blacl monoblocks if that means anything. whilst i am on what is the size of a std S2 disk and are the std S2 calipers single or twin pots?

are the black porsche monoblocks 4 pots?
            All black monblocks are not the same, the part number's are the guiding factors. If you are going to use the RS2 bracket on the 314 disc you will need to machine it soo that you can obtain the correct pad contact on the disc.
            Corey
            01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair C
              and......
              plenty more pics if you search the archives.
              *Cough* small wheels no longer apply :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                *Cough* small wheels no longer apply :mischeif:
                aah - but now those disks look tiny under the blingtastic 18s.

When you want to offload those 'horrendously and irrepairably butchered' calipers to replace with some which'd fit a more appropriate 340+mm disk - let me know....

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair C
                  aah - but now those disks look tiny under the blingtastic 18s.

When you want to offload those 'horrendously and irrepairably butchered' calipers to replace with some which'd fit a more appropriate 340+mm disk - let me know....
                  Thats what i was planning to do as well especially if Bry had his way

Comment

my plan was to use a Seat bracket suitable to space out the caliper fir use with a 314mm A8 disc. to do this successfully does anyone know the monoblock part number so i do not buy the wrong calipers.

ta

lee

Comment

996.351.425 and 996.351.426 nothing else. Well at a push you could use GT3 rears replace the 351 with 352.
                      Corey
                      01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by Corey View Post
                        996.351.425 and 996.351.426 nothing else. Well at a push you could use GT3 rears replace the 351 with 352.
                        How do these differ please? do they use the same bracket?

what modifications are required to accommodate "the push"?
                        Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

I am running 315 X 28 discs on bremsport callipers--No problems yet
                          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Corey View Post
                            If I recall correctly the rear caliper on the 996 GT3 is the same as the front caliper on the Boxster S (986). At least according to the casting #s on the calipers:mischeif: Also, the caliper piston sizes are the same for both the front Boxster S and the rear GT3. The Boxster S comes with larger calipers both front and rear when compared with a standard Boxster.
                            "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by TECH48 View Post
                              If I recall correctly the rear caliper on the 996 GT3 is the same as the front caliper on the Boxster S (986). At least according to the casting #s on the calipers:mischeif: Also, the caliper piston sizes are the same for both the front Boxster S and the rear GT3. The Boxster S comes with larger calipers both front and rear when compared with a standard Boxster.
                              Casting is the same but is machined differently and the pistons are smaller on the GT3 rear than the S.

Boxster S front calipers are the same as the 996 Carrera, 996.351.425 and 426
                              Corey
                              01636 822288

Comment

Working...
                              X