Rubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing

Got rubbing from my front wheels on the outer arch i thought et35, 225, 18inch has been done by every nearly every on here to sum level.

Any sugestions?
    Chef

Originally posted by terrybullwon
    Got rubbing from my front wheels on the outer arch i thought et35, 225, 18inch has been done by every nearly every on here to sum level.

Any sugestions?

I have ET 30 225x40x18 and they are fine
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

thats why i am confused, what make tires do you run?
      Chef

Comment

thats why i am confused, what make tires do you run?
        I use the Pirelli P Zero's as they have a hard sidewall, also used the Goodyear Extra load thingy's and they are fine also

HTH
        Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
        S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

may be my conti's are to soft and have let out a bit?? or maybe some companys sizes are different?
          Chef

Comment

i think it might be to do with the sidewall shape and how it tapers in towards the tread or not. I have et on my RS4 reps and they are fine so in theory you should have plenty of room. Have you been told they are 35's or can you verify on the rim somewhere
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I can't believe that Your rims are really ET 35. It sounds simply impossible. Check the rims if possible.

Comment

I have Conti's and they dont rub running 225/40/18 with S8 alloys running an ET33

Which Conti tyre do you have

The thing is Terrybullwon alloy wheel fitting is not an exact science as every alloy wheel fits different.

ET30 would push the tyre out more to the arch not inwards.

So in your case you would want to up the ET.

Thing is Sal ran those on his car with no problems i'd seen them on many occassion no rubbing on an ABY so this one is a bit puzzling!

Comment

Need the scooby team to solve the mystery
                  Chef

Comment

contact sport 2, might swap back to front as they are differnt they are the n1's.. whats my other options?
                    Chef

Comment

Are they 8" rims? They should clear easily What else is going on? Is it lowered?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

contact sport 2, might swap back to front as they are differnt they are the n1's.. whats my other options?
                        Exactly the same as what i've got

Are you running the spacers or just the rims? Have you had a chance to verify the ET?

Bizarre!

Comment

just noticed I handily missed out the ET on mine i meant to say ET30. If what you have is definately a 35 then you should be well inside the arch as stock is 37 and they are miles clear. Personally I think you either have spacers or a verbal et35 which wont be verified if you get a wheel off and see what is stamped on them....
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Im running 19" alloys with ET 35 iirc.
                            No rubbing at all....Are you sure you havent got spacers on there??!

Comment

Right, just got back from a night away, had to take the slow car....
                              The wheels arent et 35 BUT! they are ET 32 so that means that they should fit even more? just going to take a few pics.
                              Chef

Comment

Working...
                              X