80Q Competition 20VT inside¡¡

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80Q Competition 20VT inside¡¡

Hello friends ,as many of you know, i´ve bought a Audi 80 quattro competition with it´s broken engine. (head gasket destroyed). for a very few money¡ surelly the last owner dont know what he was having in his hands...:mischeif: a limited edition car,with around only 2500 units made¡¡

Ok for the moment i dont have it in my hands yet.... but hope to have it soon¡¡

i would like to swap the engine and transmission in it + install in it ABY head lamps, RS2 front bumper and possible RS2 rear bumper too + S2 hubs upgrade,because i have them in spare,the same as a 3B rear diff that surelly i need for complete the transmission conversion with DSY gearbox and .........wich engine?????? that it is the main question now¡¡

i could continue keeping my coupe as it is now.....having fun with him ,and uninstall the broken engine in the competition and swap inside the Vadim´s 608hp engine + transmission i think this is the easy way to do.because it has less work to do ...or not???

RS2 side skirts could be fine for it too?? or it is not a worth exterior upgrade??

all suggestions are very welcome friends ¡¡ i am a complete noob with this car so i will need help

and thinking in give him a full repaint.....now it seems to be in a dark deep blue paint...very near to black¡ but i am not 100% sure of what colour to use....

yes i LOVE the pearl white colour...and it would be very exclusive in that colour,because i never saw a Audi 80 in pearl white¡¡ NEVER NEVER¡¡

but having my coupe in pearl white..... it will be very freak to have both cars in the same colour true??

what do you think about the whole project?? the thing it is that first i was thinking in swap everything in my 3B engine bay and sell them and swap in it the 600hp engine...but saw these poor competiton very sad in the street damaged and crying..... and i had the clue to take it happy again in the roads with a 20VT inside......because 1car with 2 engines it is a bad idea......

i will post more things whem i receieve it
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

get some pics up when you get it.

btw you will need a s2 avant rear diff

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
      get some pics up when you get it.

btw you will need a s2 avant rear diff
      o yes??? why?? it is not the same as the 3B??

you have to think that the DSY gearbox comes with a custom propshaft for fit it "Plug/play" in a 3B coupe with 3B rear diff.....

anyway i will ask it to Vadim

thanks for advise friend

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
        and thinking in give him a full repaint.....now it seems to be in a dark deep blue paint...very near to black¡ but i am not 100% sure of what colour to use....
        competitions are only in Black,red and silver. i've swapped my competitons 16v for an 7a and a full rs2 undercarrige. here is a little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtaBxYG504
        Attached Files
        Last edited by hermanio; 1 September 2010, 20:19.
        5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Originally posted by hermanio View Post
          competitions are only in Black,red and silver.
          Ok so this car should be back...but the pics where made with it dirty ,we will see whem receive it

Comment

it's Volcano black IIRC.

I think it would be daft to put RS2 bumpers on it, leave the OEM bumpers on, fit an S2 avant drivetrain complete with hubs etc. sell the RS2 bumpers and use the money for a respray in a different colour. And mount the 600hp engine in the comp.

edit: oh and get some UrS4 cloth seats to match the comp. interior.

Comment

please leave the exterior as it is, original...
              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I think the volcano black is one of the best audi colours ever, clean it up and see what it's like. good luck which ever way you go with the engine(s)
                Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Sküll View Post
                  please leave the exterior as it is, original...
                  but you my friend...?? you are with 5 hole hubs and S2 Avant side skirts true?? that´s not original¡¡

and forgot the aftermarket tail fin....

how much for the RS2 side skirts?? are very expensive??

S2 front bumper it is nice,but i like much more this other style....

we will see what happend anyway
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                    but you my friend...?? you are with 5 hole hubs and S2 Avant side skirts true?? that´s not original¡¡
                    S2 Limo, S2 Avant, and RS2 sideskirts are the same: 8A0 853 855/856. Difference is in the lower trim strips on the doors.

I remembered that the Competition allready had the S2 bodykit: bumpers and sideskirts, but i might be wrong on this one.

I'd go for RS2 look if i have all the bits for it: 5x130 Hubs, full bodykit, correct interior + RS BLue color. if less than that, i'd stick with S2 Limo

Comment

hi tom in my opinion ... leave you nice and powered s2 like it is and put tha new 608hp engine in the competition , if you some sideskirts i could arrange that , not from the rs2 , but remember the s2 from the portuguese guy the one dany s2 buy ? he had sideskirts and they are waithing for me to collect them for 20 euros i give them to you if you like them ok ? we talk about that in garray . cheers
                      audi s2 aby red 1993 powreded by prj

Comment

Tomas make it look maybe as a S2 like Skull's one that looks amazing!!! don't go rs2 pls!!
                        - Looking for a S2
                        - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                        - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Personally I'd restore the competition to original appearance then tune the **** out of the 16V engine. Use your monster 5 pot in your S2.

Just my 2p worth.
                          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

hi, it`s gona be great project
                            i think about the same project, with compi + rs2 exterior (because i have it). but engine - i`m not so sure
                            original is original
                            good luck
                            Last edited by Classix; 2 September 2010, 15:27.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S2-RS2-AV...item5ad2d454e5

this is what i need to buy for install in the competition with DSY gearbox and custom propshaft??

or i have to buy anything else??

Comment

Working...
                              X