80Q Competition 20VT inside¡¡

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Be more than that the gearbox accounts for near enough 100kg diference between a 3B and ABY
    Just read this and thought I would put this misconception right.

I think somewhere a long time ago someone said 'the six speed is 100kg
    heavier than the five speed',meaning the car i.e. ABY/3B.
    Now somewhere much later on with the help of Chinese whispers this has come to be 'the six speed box is 100kg heavier than the 5 speed'.

Well for the record, I have weighed, all be it crudely, a six speed box and it weighed ~100kg.
    So unless you believe the 5 speed box weighs somewhere between 0-3kg this 100kg heavier for the 6 speed is ********.

Comment

• seriousley, blokes are much worse than women for gossip lol

i can see how it happens though, and theres no way 100kg between the 2 boxes, 10kg maby!
      1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
      1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
      BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

• I made it about 20kg difference. IIRC a 6 speed box is just shy of 80kg.
        SS

Comment

• then theres the dual mass flywheel, and the gearbox spacer etc.......... so maby the whole kit is 100kg?
          1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
          1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
          BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper_Avant View Post
            then theres the dual mass flywheel, and the gearbox spacer etc.......... so maby the whole kit is 100kg?
            Gearbox spacer is aluminium ~0.2kg , dual mass is ~3.5 more for ABY.
            The hole car is (ABY) ~100kg more, lots of things make up the difference, such as the
            procon ten, the point of the post was simply to dispel the myth that the 6 speed box is
            100kg heavier than the five.
            When I weighed mine I could not get an accurate weight as it was balanced awkwardly on some scales and there were drive shafts and part of a prop shaft and linkage hanging off it, my best guess was it was about 100kg prob less but as posted by 4WheelDrifter above it's a way off that so just goes to make my point even more.

Comment

• I'm in USA but my friend Simons has done some awesome progress

Some pics says more than 1000 words !

We are refreshing much other parts also.

We have fitted a v8 rear torsen diff...
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Originally posted by EspenW View Post
                Yep, but I'm talking about how quick the car is compared to a relatively highly tuned B5 RS4, not the specific power output, which is rather uninteresting. Same reason why owners of really, really fast cars (the 6speedonline.com guys, etc) almost exclusively focus on 60-130mph and 100-200kmh times and not on power numbers.
                Since the FATS times and gear ratios are the same between Roccos car and the fast B5's, we know that it will match them from 60-90mph, and quite possibly in the 100-200kmh. How much power it produces is about as interesting as the peak wattage produced by Usain Bolt during a 100m dash. What matters is the fastness
                Well,the car was weighted before be stripped and did 1480kg without any passenger and 1/4 of fuel tank.

When we were mapping it,it had steel rotors,so it should had +20 kg more than now with ceramics.

Then my 100 kg and the maybe 80 from Dmitri??

More or less with every people inside + tools were around 1680 or 1700 kg car.

Hope it helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                  I'm in USA
                  so that RS2 interior isn't being looked after!!...:mischeif: I'm there!...

Comment

• Are you still interested?

I'm in San Francisco ...what a cloudy and cold place to be on summer

Comment

Are you still interested?

I'm in San Francisco ...what a cloudy and cold place to be on summer

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."
                      Ernest Hemingway
                      1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                      1994 80E Avant
                      1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Well,the car was weighted before be stripped and did 1480kg without any passenger and 1/4 of fuel tank.

When we were mapping it,it had steel rotors,so it should had +20 kg more than now with ceramics.

Then my 100 kg and the maybe 80 from Dmitri??

More or less with every people inside + tools were around 1680 or 1700 kg car.

Hope it helps!
                        Alright! So not a lot lighter than a B5 RS4 with driver only then. That means there is good correlation with the B5 RS4 FATS data.
                        Very, very quick car
                        1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                        1994 80E Avant
                        1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Working...
                        X