Sport Quattro Snub Mount Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Quattro Snub Mount Bracket

I've been experimenting with snub mount bracketry in the hope of finding something better than the stock cross member bracket.

I had a look on ETKA and found that the sport quattro uses a different bracket on the cross member. Instead of being a bar that the bush sits against the bracket has a round opening that holds the bush tight.

Side View:

Front View:

The sport quattro also has an alloy plate between the bracket and the cross member. It's not a straight swap as the holes don't line up but with a bit of drilling Jason got it to fit. Unfortunately I was at work so don't have any pics of where it is drilled. Basically he used the standard bracket as a template and redrilled the new one to suit.

The new bracket is too small to fit the powerflex snub mount bush so I've had to switch back to a standard one. The engine is now held nice and tight rather than trying to leap forward out of the engine bay when you out the power down.

The bracket is dirt cheap (mainly because it's the same one used on a Mk I Golf ) and the alloy plate is not too bad either.

Bracket 171 199 319 A £6.60 + VAT

Plate 859 199 319 £15.90 + VAT

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Top man Ben!!

I was going to do something like Javad has on his excellent site, pictured here.

But for that price I'll use this, nice find m8!!

Mark
    Attached Files
    Mark - Modded

Comment

This is what my friend did to his A90 E/S2

That's a standard 3B IC for now.
      -

Comment

This is what i will do when my custom x member is made up, should stop that little engine 'flopping' around!
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Cool - make that 2 then Tom.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

If you can get me the dimensions I am redesigning the Powerflex snub mount for them because the current design is crap. So let me know and I will try to incorporate it into the design.

Greg

Originally posted by s2avant

The new bracket is too small to fit the powerflex snub mount bush so I've had to switch back to a standard one. The engine is now held nice and tight rather than trying to leap forward out of the engine bay when you out the power down.

The bracket is dirt cheap (mainly because it's the same one used on a Mk I Golf ) and the alloy plate is not too bad either.

Bracket 171 199 319 A £6.60 + VAT

Plate 859 199 319 £15.90 + VAT

Ben
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I've had a chance to take a pic of the bracket from below so you can get an idea of how it fits. The alloy plate slides in after you fit the bracket. This means you don't have to take the front off to fit it.

and also one of the fixings so you can see how they were redrilled. (not that good quality this one though )

I'm going to get another bracket and a standard S2 one and give them to Carly's dad to see if he can make one that will be a straight swap. It will probably be more like the one Javad has made (mentioned above) as I think this will be easiest (hence cheapest) to do.

Ben
              the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
              1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Whats the impression on this mod as it's been fitted a good while as mine standard snub can move all over the place. This looks like a good solution - is there still free stock on thi given its a sport Q part?

Cheers
                David
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I've used it for years now, works great. Main difference i noticed is when coming on/off throttle you can feel the drive train load and unload much better. Standard mount it just felt rubbery and you couldn’t tell what was going on. Makes the engine seem more joined on basically.
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Does anyone have the hole centres for the red snub mount bracket above?
                    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

damn forgot to order this from vagparts lol (about the only thing I think...)
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        Does anyone have the hole centres for the red snub mount bracket above?
                        The red bracket is from 034
                        http://www.034motorsport.com/advance...128afb9ea4b1fc

Comment

Would this help on a car like one I used to own which if you came on/off throttle you could see the gear stick move back and forth.

Comment

This is how Audisport and Matter did it on an A2.
                            The Sport Quattro is a knock off of the A2 setup.

http://www.bufkinengineering.com/lowercrossmember.htm

James

Comment

Just doing this mod today. When it's all fitted and working I'll post any measurements up that I have and a few pics of what I've done to fit the golf bracket to the S2.
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                              X