VDO Gauge Oil Pressure Switch / Sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDO Gauge Oil Pressure Switch / Sender

Anybody know where I can source one from to fit my 3B engine please.
    Stuart
    B2 90 quattro with boost

I think i have got one spare.
    Will let you know.
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
      I think i have got one spare.
      Will let you know.
      Cool keep me posted..
      Stuart
      B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

what is the part number for the vdo pressure sender. i just wasted 60 euro on a ****** dodgy one that leaked like it wasnt even there. got mad and gave it the sledgehammer!! no joke . made a pancake out of it. first dodgy rotor now dodgy oil/p sender.. lost all faith in anyone bar AUDI
        1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

I think this is the right one
          http://www.machine7.com/product.php?...3265&xSec=1169

I'm going to buy one in a few weeks to try
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

ive refited the old one wich is working but badly coroded, and im leaving it be. audi want 90 euro for there one and im not forking out another 60 for some italian junk.. again!!. the one you showed looks similar. exept for the treaded terminals. hope you have better luck than im having at the mo. my dizzy is making all sorts of noises now.. it has metal gear just loads of end float. sounds like ****

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              I think this is the right one
              http://www.machine7.com/product.php?...3265&xSec=1169

I'm going to buy one in a few weeks to try
              That's a good find Alex, il try one too

Comment

I've just received one of these from Machine 7:

Its a 0.5bar low pressure warning not 0.3bar as per the OE one so if anything this is an improvement. Looks to me like a taper thread but I will measure it later, sure it will work though.
                I have also ordered a long M10x1 male to M10x1 female adapter like this:

This will mean the new sender is loads easier to install without removing the rad, alternator, PAS pump etc.
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

that sender looks right, and the threaded part is long too not like the one i got that leaked. threaded part was barely half as long as yours in pic. keep us posted

Comment

I have a couple dead OEM ones kicking around the garage, I'll make some comparisons later
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

.... Looks to me like a taper thread but I will measure it later, sure it will work though. I have also ordered a long M10x1 male to M10x1 female adapter like this.
                      What you got definitely appears to have the tapered NPT threads, unlike the proper sender. You will need an adapter but not the one you bought.

More pressure sender and switch info at: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/96161.phtml

OE:

What you bought:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

No Dave it has an M10x1 taper thread.
                        The OE one has an M10x1 parallel thread - this is not available to the aftermarket and will probably be NLA soon.
                        The one you have in your picture is the oddball M16 thread which is not commonly used in the B3/B4 platform cars - there is a factory male/female adapter which steps down to M10x1
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Old sender, new sender and block adapter for reference:

This new one is indeed a taper thread, I'm not sure yet whether to use it as is or run a normal M10x1 die down it.
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Just weld it to the adaptor
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

No Dave it has an M10x1 taper thread.
                              The OE one has an M10x1 parallel thread - this is not available to the aftermarket and will probably be NLA soon. The one you have in your picture is the oddball M16 thread which is not commonly used in the B3/B4 platform cars - there is a factory male/female adapter which steps down to M10x1
                              NO??? I said what you bought was taper. I *know* the difference between the M16 threaded one and the need for an adapter if you have a parallel M10x1. This is detailed in my pressure sender and switch post: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/96161.phtml

But you are right, my OE photo shows the larger M16 threaded sender.
                              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
                              X