Bosch Motorsport Fuel Pump's No. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Motorsport Fuel Pump's No. 2

There was alot of interest in the last group buy for the Bosch Fuel Pump's so im arranging another one.

for this one payment will be in advance and I am going to leave it open until 15th November for everyone to get their payments in and it should mean we can get them out before the RR meet if people need to fit them for that.

The kit includes everything needed to fit the pump, ive included a pic for comparison of the two pumps with bits attached.

Fuel pump comparison

the price for this one is £210 inc P&P & VAT, its a few £ dearer than the first one because we miscalculated the postage costs. This one is just for UK Buyers im afraid though because of the logistics of posting abroad can be a PITA.

Hopefully I will be able to arrange one for the future, or possibly we can tie in postage of the pumps with bits bought from VAGPARTS, I will have a word with Martyn and see what can be sorted out.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Greg - that picture - you don't have the pump very low - did you modify the reservoir so that the pump can pick up the fuel near the bottom of the tank?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
      Greg - that picture - you don't have the pump very low - did you modify the reservoir so that the pump can pick up the fuel near the bottom of the tank?
      Hi Greg

I would like to be included in this group buy, do you want me to drop the payment into your dads??

Jay

Comment

I would like one plz.
        thx

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
          Yeah I noticed that too, maybe we didn't have to mod the reservoir to get it to fit
          Mark - Modded

Comment

the reservoir was modded to bring the pump down further, and is low enough down for the fuel pickup. From looking at how doug and mark etc have done it the pump is set a little lower still.

I didnt put it this low since the way it was postioned will put alot more stress on the plastic basket and may lead to the basket cracking and the pump becoming loose. however the basket was modified so the pump sits lower, the breather had to be modified and the top part of the basket cut away.

Also in use the pump creates a cyclone around it as it draws fuel in, so in practice the fuel level rises to very near the top of the pump in that area so pickup isnt a problem either.

When I fitted mine I found alot of crap below the strainer which i removed before fitting the new pump.

In the current postion I have it mounted it doesnt have the potential to pop out because there is a few mm clearance between the top of the pump and the cover for the tank so if it were to move fuel pickup wouldnt be affected, so if it were to happen you wouldnt get fuel starvation.

Greg
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Halligan
              Yeah I noticed that too, maybe we didn't have to mod the reservoir to get it to fit
              It will fit without modifying but will reduce the effective tank capacity
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Forgo to put payment details earlier.

The total including P&P & VAT for the pump & fittings is £210.

You can either pay by cheque or debit card.

If paying by cheque please make them payable to Church Road Garage and post it to

Church Road Garage
                Church Road
                Baschurch
                Shrewsbury
                Shropshire
                SY4 2EF

including your address for it to be posted to.

if paying by debit card please call 01939 262020 and give your card details and address so it can be sent to you.

Once you have paid if you can also give me a pm with your name, address etc so I can keep a tally on who is having what ready for when they need packing.

ta

Greg
                Greg

Comment

Nice one Greg, best stick one of these on the card eh?

Cheers,

Chris
                  Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

You know it makes sense
                    Greg

Comment

payment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                      You know it makes sense
                      I will pop the payment in to Bill next week when I'm back at work then PM you to confirm.

Not seen your dad for months so will have a yarn (better allow some time!!)

Cheers
                      Jay

Comment

Anymore takers so far,

I Have Robo, Jay and Chris.

Spoke to my dad about it the other day and he would like me to co ordinate it all. So from now on pm me and will get you the address to post cheque etc too ready for when all the pumps etc are ordered.

Greg
                        Greg

Comment

Could do with a few more buyers on these for this one to go ahead, have we anymore takers?

So far I think Chris is the only one to have paid.

Greg
                          Greg

Comment

Sorry. I would if i could afford it.
                            You don't do credit do you?!!
                            SS

Comment

i am sorry but the funds ,right now are very low just bought 6 rs2 injectors about 200 pounds,hope you have a group buy next year.

Regards
                              RIX

Comment

Working...
                              X