ABY+ my version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY+ my version

nothing new or what hasn't been done before but this is my version.
    Won't be a quick project (as in timescale), as life, funds and work always will get in the way but I hope it will be interesting.

So, what do we start with?

A 1996 Audi S2 ABY

1st mod was the front aero wiper, I used part numbers 4B2955408C and 4B2955408C and the relevant blades which were off a 02-05 Allroad, these required no cutting and bolt straight on.

The car looks awesome, that combo is just amazing of that lovely Byzanz (I believe) purple and that cream interior. I want pictures of the interior!

What kind of mods are you looking to do to the car?
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Loving the colour combo, I'm to scruffy to have light interior but it looks lush. I wouldn't change much on the outside looks nice as is, engine and running gear however you can carry on for ever

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
        Loving the colour combo, I'm to scruffy to have light interior but it looks lush. I wouldn't change much on the outside looks nice as is, engine and running gear however you can carry on for ever
        Too true..forever and ever

Whiteline adjustable RARB
        Refresh the drop links
        RS2 FARB (Optional IMO - not worth the cost)
        Polybushed subframes and wishbones
        New Ball Joints (Wishbone)
        Tie rod bushes (bambridge) with new ends
        Diff, gearbox and engine mounts
        Clutch brace as per Rusty on here
        Front snub mount upgrade as per Rusty as well
        Exhaust system
        Brake upgrades, lots of options here too

So much you can do to the car, where to start?
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Ming blue, not Byzanz... and the leather is more a caramel colour, I want to do the door cards to match the seats (so need to find the material colour code)

What do I want to do? looooong list
          She is going in next week for the roof to be painted and whilst stripped I will refinish the black B pillar covers as they could do with a new coat of paint.
          It will be all the normal stuff that has been done.
          Suspension, will polybush the arms and solid mount the subframe.
          Will make some uprated engine and gearbox mounts to tighten the drivetrain up so it can handle more power.
          Engine will get rods.
          I would like to do a Wagner EVO manifold and a turbo upgrade.
          Headwork
          3" downpipe and twinbox with race cat exhaust
          Porsche brakes front and rear and separate h/brake
          stereo that is fitted will get binned and I am going to fit a OE concert CD type.
          HID's on the way
          And have got a set of US spec red's on the way (thanks Joe)

but that will probably take me 5 years lol, my bike just took a huge chunk of money as I rebuilt the engine (Honda's are not cheap lol) and whilst that was in bits it got improved too (Ti headers and custom exhaust etc)

Comment

More pics please, of the bike too I love bikes

Comment

1998 Honda Fireblade, stock is 128bhp, mine made 143bhp on stock cams. Engine is 0.25mm oversize as needed a rebore and ma using stock OE pistons. Everything was weight matched to within 0.01g and then dynamically balance, crank was knife edged and had 1kg removed from it.
              Headers are made from 0.5mm wall thick Titanium

and have fitted the rear subframe from a 2005 Yamaha R1 so I could have the twin underseat exhaust.
              She needs paint but other wise looks stock

Comment

Originally posted by restricted View Post
                1998 Honda Fireblade, stock is 128bhp, mine made 143bhp on stock cams. Engine is 0.25mm oversize as needed a rebore and ma using stock OE pistons. Everything was weight matched to within 0.01g and then dynamically balance, crank was knife edged and had 1kg removed from it.
                Headers are made from 0.5mm wall thick Titanium

and have fitted the rear subframe from a 2005 Yamaha R1 so I could have the twin underseat exhaust.
                She needs paint but other wise looks stock

Comment

Just order a set of 55w HID's in 4300k and some Phillips 501 4000k LED sidelight bulbs to improve the lighting at the front end.
                  The ambient temperature display on the dash has a none illuminating light so a cj70m 3mm miniature LED from Maplins has also been ordered.

Anyone with an ABY coupe who has done the rear aero wiper mod know exactly which parts are required? The search was a little inconclusive, if a front wiper arm is used on the rear does that mean then that the aerodynamic aspect of the blade is then the wrong way round?

Comment

Good luck soldering the led in it's a mare, there is a thread on here somewhere

Comment

it's ok, I have a little pcb experience

Comment

Good eyesight and tweezers is a must

Comment

1996 ACOQ colour combos (most, not all)

Congrats on your late build 1996 Audi S2 ABY

The leather colour is either cognac or ecru see list below (find your square white build tag to confirm the code)

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Dave that is awesome, many thanks... will look at it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by restricted View Post
                              Just order a set of 55w HID's in 4300k and some Phillips 501 4000k LED sidelight bulbs to improve the lighting at the front end.
                              The ambient temperature display on the dash has a none illuminating light so a cj70m 3mm miniature LED from Maplins has also been ordered.

Anyone with an ABY coupe who has done the rear aero wiper mod know exactly which parts are required? The search was a little inconclusive, if a front wiper arm is used on the rear does that mean then that the aerodynamic aspect of the blade is then the wrong way round?
                              Where did you get your hid's from ? and what colour are 4300k ?

Comment

Working...
                              X