• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that coupe found a good home.

Nicely done.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Paint looks fantastic. US rear lamps looks good, you've made a cracking job of reconditioning them. Don't want to burst your bubble but they're not "all reds" though. These are the elusive ALL reds. Note the red interlaced reverse light

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by restricted View Post
        ...Dave, thanks for the info again, the S2 (now I stand to be corrected) doesn't have this plug? I think the issue lays within my clocks...
        No you don't have that C4 T6 connector but *somewhere* you have a T10 connector between the G22 vehicle speed sender and the G21 speedometer. Sorry I can't help you as to where it is but it would be worth finding and checking for corrosion in the connections (specifically T10/8).

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

T10 is the black 10 pin plug under the drivers side dash, in the aux realy panel. It is the interface between the ECU and the dash harnesses
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            T10 is the black 10 pin plug under the drivers side dash, in the aux realy panel. It is the interface between the ECU and the dash harnesses
            Thanks. That would be a good place to look then. Does it show in this photo:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

That is LHD, I'm not familiar with it unfortunately, but it is likely one of the T10 connectors shown on the right of the shot, can't quite make out which one.
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Very nice paint

A Miltek would look (and sound) good

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

I love the way this story is moving at a great pace,the really good paint job and the attention to detail here.Once the roof is mopped up it will look superb! Does already. You definately don't hang around and your car has indeed found a very good home! Great work there. I think the rear lights look all the better not having the red interlace running through the clear.
                  96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                  96 URS6 plus speck estate
                  94 2.6 80 Avant
                  99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

thanks guys...

having looked at the "all reds" I think I struck lucky with what I got as I prefer them but when I say all reds now I mean my version lol

Dave, I'll have a look out for the connector and will document it for your archives, if it helps.

Milltek? no thanks... I'll make my own (I am a time served coded welder) in time... I did all my own exhausts on the bikes over the years but never any of the cars... The exhaust does need replacing as it is unsightly and not the right sound for me.

Comment

The neighbours must think I am mad, woke up before the sun this morning so the car was nice and cool and gave it a good wash to remove the dust from the bodyshop, didn't see the point in polishing it as it is back off to the 'shop for a final flat and buff next week.

But I did get this fitted

I ran a separate switched live from the ignition as the radio harness is without one, I had seen on the forum that someone said there was a small red on the ignition loom that was switched, mine wasn't, it was live all the time, so I chose another one which was a solid black, hopefully no one will say that was a bad move as I'll be on fire guard all night hahaha

very happy with the headunit, it all works and it is amber in colour too, was expecting it to be green but all is good. Shows up the stock speakers though, so they are another thing on the list... off to hunt around the ICE section for tips and ideas for an OE look

Took the instrument cluster out again and tweaked all the connections on the long pins... haven't tested yet as I didn't want to lose my space outside the house and was quite difficult getting above 5mph in my space lol

For the more knowledgeable amongst us, would running diagnostics and looking at the speed measuring block eliminate any aspect if it shows a speed?

Comment

How do you get red lights to flash orange bright enough to be UK legal?
                        tried LED's... needed resistors, so binned them

tried painting stock 21w bulbs green... would have been better waving my arm out of the window to signal I was turning, so binned them

Now I knew I wanted stock type bulbs, similar to the type you get as an orange colour but I wanted them green... thinking something like this must exist I hunted all over Ebay and didn't find what I wanted maybe I was searching with the wrong description I put it on the back burner for a day or 2 over the weekend to think about, fast forward to work on Monday morning and had a flash of inspiration and hunted with google and tadaaaaaaa I found these

from here
                        http://www.cleverproducts.co.uk/stop...-12v-21w-green
                        so thinking they were worth a punt I bought a pair and waited for Postman Pat to do his duty...
                        they arrived today and one now has all red rear lights, that flash a perfect orange....

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          Here is a link to some G22 (and G21 Speedo) info that I have put together in case it might help. Note that for C4s, the speedo issue is often corrosion in a connector that is far away from the instrument cluster.

Link: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/168463.phtml

Love this forum, was just about to post this question

Comment

ok, just pinged out the loom and all continuity checks out so it seems my issue is within the dash pod itself...
                            Does anybody have a wiring schematic for one of these?

Comment

and then checking continuity all the way till it stops inside the dash pod I get to the rear of the speedo and onto the large pcb board behind the speedo, it stops at a chip thingy...
                              So, is this pcb unique to the S2 or can I rob one from any 80?

Comment

this pcb

also, in other news... never liked the black painted rings on the grill, so ordered a new set for Audi and they arrived in the week
                                so went from this

back to original and this

curiously though the old one was held with 4 studs on the back and where plastic welded, the new one only has 3 and uses 3 press washers, ETOS only shows needing 3 but the rings do not sit as flat as the old??? It needs the 4 stud, both part numbers are the same though... Audi must have saved a fortune in plastic by not making that 4th stud haha

Comment

Working...
                                X