No announcement yet.

ABY+ my version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID's where from ebay and yes they are 4300k 55w digital AC types...

Comment

ok, it looks like the seat colour is original as my data sticker codes match the list Dave posted

but surely the door cards would be in the same material? mine are black...
      so, now I know the material code, anyone know if the material is still available? as would love the door cards in the same to match.

also, just a pic to show the new aero's on the front but still need to address the rear

Comment

Originally posted by restricted View Post
        ok, it looks like the seat colour is original as my data sticker codes match the list Dave posted.
        N1U/VC should be Silk Napa Leather Seat Covering in cognac (brown)

I am going to PM you in a moment.
        Last edited by UrS4boy; 3 May 2014, 16:00.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

another couple of jobs ticked off the list this morning.
          Removed the headlights and disassembled them to give them a deep clean (now to make them perfect I need to get new seals and new lens, so more things to the list lol)

and in bits

I used a 22mm holesaw to enable the new light and loom to pass into the headlamp.
          One side plugged into the original lamp connector and the other I soldered to the earth post inside the headlamp, making them self contained and other than the ballasts there was nothing else on the outside.
          I changed the sidelights to Philips LED's to match the colour of the new lamps but they need to be a little bit more white, so will probably go for 5000 on the LED's.
          Then it was the turn of the ambient temp display bulb.
          Removed the steering wheel and upper column shroud it was then just 2 screws to remove the instruments
          The temp display just unscrewed from the instruments then I disassembled that.

I took note from one of the very helpful posts that had documented this previously and snipped the old LED off rather than unsolder it from the board.
          I purchased from Maplins a CJ70M LED and soldered that on

Then reassembled, I could not believe how scratched the instruments panel was, so I must have spent an age with Peek, and various body compounds removing most of the scratched, looks a lot better IMHO.

In other news the car is off to the bodyshop next weekend for a weeks holiday, so I get to strip it down for them next Saturday for them to paint the roof and make it all minty fresh. they are going to trizac the whole body to remove as much of the orange peel finish and give the paint more depth, so cannot wait for that.
          Found the find of the century that will suit the car to a T, I wanted to fit a stereo that would match the interior and look of the car, yet still play CD's (I am not bothered about Bluetooth and other stuff).
          I loved the look of the Gamma CD radios and did actually find a seller in Germany that will sell me one but I found an old school Nakamichi CD stereo, which is a 6 stack all contained in the headunit. So am smiling at that purchase as it is brand new, still in it's box. Someone must have left it at the back of a store room lol.

Just got to hope the lighting matches otherwise it's coming to bits so it does...

Comment

Illumination is orange I think so might be OK

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

good find... here's hoping

Comment

Thanks for temp display bulb info. I stole your photos and text (credit to you) and posted them on my home forum to see what the NAmerican equivalent LED is.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/283135.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Dave, I am honoured (bows head)

Comment

Whilst hunting for more info on the Nakamichi I saw that the box has 2 options for display colour (green and amber) and whichever is ticked is what it display, so I thought I would check the pic on the advert of what I have bought hoping for amber illumination and yup it is green, bloody typical hahaha.... so now I have to take it to bits and change it over...
                    Things are never easy!!! lol

Comment

Glad you're getting into the swing of S2 ownership
                      Sure you'll get it sorted
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

sure am... spent the day with the instruments out and in and out and in again as when they went back in the speedo had decided to completely stop working (was already intermittent from buying it).
                        Everything looked good after cleaning all the contacts, still didn't work (I did think I had missed a plug connection but nope) so removed the plug on the speed sensor (one on the gearbox) and that looked perfect inside.
                        I couldn't find a test procedure for the G22, there must be a resistance check or something for it? Didn't check continuity through the loom so will check that in the week.
                        I suspect the G22 though is at fault but time will tell

Comment

just waow

great look

u got other pics to show ?

love that blue color with leather... very class
                          S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Nice to see this attention to detail.

And yep great colour combo.
                            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

well, a little update before the big day of strip down for paint tomorrow.

Got this from the US of A, courtesy of Joe, a huge thanks for taking so much effort and time to answer all my questions and reassure my mind that what I was buying was what I wanted.
                              A pic speaks a thousand words, so ta daaa

Yup, all red rears... spent the evening cleaning and started polishing them to make them look brand new, will take a little elbow grease but then I have a weeks worth of evenings so no issue there but so far they are 70% there and I see no reason why they won't make at least 90%.
                              Bought from ebay a pair of LED 21W green bulbs so the indicators flash as orange as possible and purchased a brand new box of the correct Audi sealing cord to ensure the lights, when fitted, are as factory fresh as possible.

Comment

Good stuff with those lights. What are you using to polish the rear clusters?

BTW I change the ambient temp bulb for an LED and followed Paul's advice by sanding the LED lightly to diffuse the light.....worked a treat.
                                2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                                1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X