Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Audi Coupe quattro ABY Black

Ok, here goes...
    For sale is my Brilliant Black 1990 G Reg Audi Coupe Quattro which has been carefully converted to S2 ABY specification using the following components (car and engine have approx 140k on):

Engine:
    • 1994 ABY engine (which has rolling road printouts proving over 240bhp on standard software)
    • Recent cambelt waterpump etc change
    • MTM Chip software giving over 295bhp
    • 3” downpipe mated to 3” Stainless de-cat exhaust system built by Pro-Speed exhausts
    • Custom 13 row oil cooler
    • Samco Boost and coolant hoses
    • Forge 007 valve

Transmission and Chassis:
    • 1994 ABY 6-speed transmission with custom linkage joints and S4 short shifter (slick and precise gear change)
    • Recent Clutch
    • 1994 ABY Engine, dash and central locking looms
    • 1996 Refurbished RS2 front subframe and S2 FARB all polybushed with solid Subframe mounts
    • Refurbished original coupe rear subframe Whiteline RARB and solid subframe mounts
    • KW V2 coilover suspension which recently had the rear shock refurbished by Raceline suspension.
    • 3B S2 5 stud hubs all round with new wheel bearings.
    • 4x solid Compbrake topmounts
    • Porsche monoblock front brakes (red) with grooved 314mm discs and DS2500 front pads
    • K24R rear 302mm brake conversion using mazda rear discs
    • 034 track density transmission and rear diff mounts, Poly rear diff mount. K24R Poly Snub mount.
    • ABY Steering rack with bambridge stainless track adjusters
    • Bambridge front and rear tie rod mounts.
    • S2 Front strut brace fitted
    • Vacuum assisted brakes

Interior:
    • 1995 RS2 Recaro black leather front seats in excellent condition
    • Late spec pleated black leather rear bench and doorcards and late platinum headlining
    • S2 3 spoke Steering wheel

Exterior:
    • B4 front end conversion with s2 front bumper (I waited a long time to find all the parts int he correct brilliant black paint code)
    • Ellipsoid front headlights
    • Black front grill
    • Blacked out rear lights done with vinyl so is removable and also have B4 all red rears that will be included.

2 Sets of wheels available:
    • 16” Audi Avus 16”x7.5” repainted in satin gunmetal wrapped in good tread Continental WinterContact Tyres 205/55/16. Makes this car unstoppable in the winter! These are included with the car.
    • 17” BBS RK lightweight 17”x8” ET35 in AS NEW condition wrapped in good tread Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres 225/45/17. These are available additionally and a price can be negotiated.

Electrical:
    • Bosch silver battery with warranty left
    • 1994 ABY Engine, dash, central locking and lighting looms.
    • 4 map reading lights
    • Plasma gauges
    • Alpine Stereo which has handsfree bluetooth built in and will connect to your iphone for audio streaming

There’s nothing this car really needs for and I wouldn’t hesitate to jump in it after it standing for 3 weeks and drive all the way to the nurburgring for a weekend, it’s a truly dependable car that feels very together, tight and sorted when driven. It relishes embarrassing more expensive machinery!

Bad bits:
    1. Paintwork isn’t in very good condition but the cars body is very solid and straight no filler anywhere, I’d be a perfect candidate for a re-spray if you were bothered.
    2. Over the last couple of weeks ive noticed a small coolant leak when parked up, but I intend to look at this and sort it.
    3. I have a feeling the vacuum servo needs replacing soon due to the fact the brake assist isn’t as strong as it used to be.

Ive owned this car for 8 years or more, and ive loved every moment of driving, fixing, modifying, servicing and owning this car. I’ll be sad to see it go, but I feel now is the time!

As a side note many of the donor parts came from an accident damaged 1994 avant owned by a good friend of mine, it was known to be an excellent unmodified example before the accident and i have much of the history from this car also.

Price, the car is unique and so difficult to price. It owes me well over £12k excluding maintenance and serviceable costs.
    But I know the second hand value of the parts in this car, so I want to price it a fair bit less than the sum of is breaking value so that someone can save me from breaking it and can have the peace of mind that in the future they could break it and recoup their money.

£4500 firm REDUCED

The car will remain for sale until sold or the point where my garage is finished (September) and I can then afford the space to break it. Until then i will continue to maintain and enjoy!

Thanks for reading (if you got this far)

Pics to follow soon....
    Last edited by re2500; 23 June 2014, 16:31. Reason: reduced
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

A few pics for y'all to peruse over...
    Attached Files

Comment

So you decided to let is go then mate? I hope it finds a home
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Following an offer from an interested forum member i've decided that i would be prepared to accept £4500 firm.

Comment

Thats a good price for a sorted coupe with loads of goodies
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks alex! Yeah i think its a good price. Id rather someone buy and enjoy it than me having to break it. Im hopeful it'll go to a good home though
            Whatever i get next ill be sure to still be lurking about on the forum, theres a high chance ill get something else with "four rings" on!

Comment

Good luck with the sale mate, this car deserves a good home
              sigpic
              "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
              BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
              1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
              2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Didn't think I'd see this for sale so soon, I couldn't bring myself to let it go if I'd put that much work into it. Good luck with sale!

I did the cam belt and pump etc on the car with James last year and was impressed by the standard of the conversion, it's cracking car!
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

The car is now sold! I think its found the perfect buyer and I'm sure the story will continue one way or another...

Thanks for your comments guys! i'll be sorry to leave the S2 fold, but i'll still be lurking, and i'll put up a new thread with details/pics of the new car when i find one!

Comment

On a side note, i should be selling the BBS wheels separately soon if anyone is interested. The White corrado VR6 int he pic is my brothers and that is currently for sale (@2995ono)...

Comment

what price without wheels???????

Comment

The asking price was without the BBS wheels, but with original Avus wheels.

Comment

Glad it found a new home mate
                          Whats next? V8?
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

The car should be going to a forum member who is going to use it for a while then use it as a donor for another project, which makes a lot of sense tbh.
                            A v8 is top of the list, more than likely a b6, finding a good one is a different matter....

Comment

Get a B7 if you can - T3 centre diff same as the RS4
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X