Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My B3 CQ 24v VR6T Track Car Project

Ok,

This may be a little chopped up as a lot of the older info/pics i have copied and pasted from my old "members cars" section.

anyhow

I bought the car in December 2013, I allready had the VR6 which I was intending for something else. This is the first Audi I have owned and I must admit that my knowledge was limited. I have owned and build various mk1/2 golfs and a mk2 scirocco which all ended up as 20vt's also corrados etc. . . most things seemed familiar but all of the terminology like gearbox codes and engine codes etc were new.

My goal for the car has not changed too much since i started, although i really thought it might have seen some tarmac by now.

the general idea is

Engine,

It is currently a 2.8 24v VR6 from golf V6 4Motion (BDE code), Stock head, Stock pistons, Eurospec H-Beam rods, R36 rod/main bearings, ARP headstuds main and rod bolts, C2 Motorsports head spacer, 630cc Siemens injectors, EMU black ECU with custom loom, Tail BOV, Precision wastegate, Precision 6262 CEA BB turbo
    034 motorsports billet alloy flywheel, Spec stage 3+ clutch, 01E 6 speed.

This will get the car up and running and should be good for around 500 whp. BUT, I also have a 3.2 block that I will be fully building for peace of mind, spec will be a 3.0 with the intention of revving to 9k rpm.

Chasis

Stripped as much as possible
    Composite panels (intended)
    multi point roll cage
    KW Clubsport suspension (intended)
    solid subframe bushings
    poly wishbones
    adjustable castor camber plates up front (intended)
    034 engine bushes
    poly diff bushes

Brakes/wheels

Front
    Brembo 6 pot calipers, S8 360 discs (soon to be bells and rotors) AK Motorsports caliper adapters

Rear
    Brembo calipers, 300mm dics.

B7 RS4 servo/MC

8x18 Team Dynamics pro race 1.2, toyo r888

Body

I am not too fussed how it looks to be honest but i have opted for a replica rs2 front bumper for mounting intercooler. I will also add some wide arches.

I will summarise in the next post some of the old pics then add an update in the third

Jase.
    Last edited by Jaswan; 17 October 2021, 22:16.

When i first got it home

then started taking the interior out

and stripping the sound deadening.

10v out

Hard work on your own

Gave the bay a "very" quick blast of rattle can (Halfords appliance white) paint

Last edited by Jaswan; 4 January 2017, 15:53.

Comment

i am missing a few photos but the front subframe was cleaned painted and refitted with solid mounts and poly wishbone bushes.

i had a touareg 3.2 sump shallowed and an oil return added before lifting the engine into place for mounts to be made up.

i then started on making a Y manifold for the turbo. i will be using the OEM cast manifolds into a Y pipe into the turbo, this is a setup that works much better than a log manifold and allowes flexability over turbo placement in the engine bay also.

"shaping" the corners

in the mean time the rear supension/subframe was removed for an overhaul

leaving the car looking like this

After a little elbow grease

DIY Rebuild on the rear s4 calipers with new seals and pistons.

Last edited by Jaswan; 11 January 2017, 12:25.

Comment

just before Christmas i spent a couple of nights in the workshop on the car and managed to get a little more done.

and that is pretty much upto date,

things to do in the short term are,

refit the rear subframe, finish the turbo Y pipe, the cage needs a little finishing off (gussets and one of the front strut supports needs welding in)
        when my bumper arrives i can make up a support for the intercooler and radiator. and i also need to make some supports for the seats.

i also have a golf turbo inlet manifold that is going to be modified to move the position of the throttle body . . jobs, jobs, jobs.

Jason.

Comment

The cage looks great, very comprehensive. I will be making my own cage this year to fit my silver coupe quattro 10v too funily enough.

The VR6T is very interesting😎.

Dan.

Comment

Comment

The cage is off the shelf from custom cages.

The vr conversion is also gaining more popularity, especially in the US.

Cheers!

Comment

great project, nice work !
                S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Looks good, id remove the paint from the hub faces though
                  Chef

Comment

So,

got the car back on its wheels over the weekend,

then i made up the Y pipe for the turbo,

I have only spotted it into place, it will be going to a engineering shop to be back purged and welded properly, then I will add the wastegate and 02 bungs, then give it back to them to finish.

Comment

I want your roll cage!!!

Comment

Very cool. I think 'donkey' in Germany have a vr6t and that's crazy fast.

Comment

Cage looks on point! Made a turbo manifold the same way with awesome results!

Comment

Coming along nicely Jason. Are you painting the full car to match the engine bay?
                            Stuart
                            B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

I had planned on doing the engine bay and interior white, then doing the exterior a satin dark grey.
                              Iv since went halfs with a mate on a load of RAL 9011 graphite black which i am going to use to paint the bay and interior. So far he has painted the inside of his car and i really like the colour so im half tempted to paint the full car in that colour.

Comment

Working...
                              X