• Show
Clear All

Also cheers for the comments

Comment

Progress has been little to none

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post

Front
        Brembo 6 pot calipers, S8 360 discs (soon to be bells and rotors) AK Motorsports caliper adapters

Rear
        S4 B5 calipers and discs (larger discs to be added and calipers spaced)

B7 RS4 servo/MC
        Nice work Jason.

Can I ask you to give more detailed information and photos when you get to do the brakes.

In particular where you source the bells and rotors for the front, and what size of rear discs you'll be using ?

Thanks very much.

Comment

The fronts i have been looking at are from a company called MTek Brakes. I have spoken to them about a pair of bells for the s8 and 360 rotors either grooved or c-hook.

I will find the details of the rears but its basically a spacer for the stock caliper and a bigger OEM disc.

Just spent a couple of hours painfully drilling out spot welds to remove all the old mountings for the rear seats and front seat runners etc... Admittedly this should certianly have been done prior to fitting the cage!

Jase

Comment

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/2-piece-brake-discs.html

Forgot to add this

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the 'Brakes' replies.

Looking forward to further updates. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

So,,,

I have been based overseas for 4 years so the car has basically sat in storage.

I am hoping to get some progress made on the car soon. A few jobs need wrapping up and then I can get it booked in somewhere for paint.

I have chopped a golf MK4 dash board which is exactly 1 million kg lighter than the coupe dash

The subframe was modified so I can mount the engine lower.

I am also going to abandon the turbo Y pipe and have bought parts for a tubular manifold. I also have 7x EGTs as part of the EMU black ECU. I have also collected some billet parts so will also be going with a custom intake manifold rather than modifying a transverse golf one to fit.

I will be changing to a B4 front end too. Although I need some headlights if anyone is breaking a car .

The intention now is to have these few jobs sorted and get it painted then start bolting it all together.

I'll be getting it going with the current 2.8 engine while I build a full fat, top spec 3.0 vr6 that I will hopefully be "built proof". . . And also be able to rev to 9k.

Hoping to have some actual progress soon!!

Jase.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jaswan; 18 October 2021, 08:22.

Comment

I like it
                  Especially all that room in front of the engine. Are the 2.8 engines more robust than the r32 or is it just a case of them being more readily available?
                  Has anyone fitted a vr6t to a b2 chassis?
                  I had a few corrado and golf vr6 a few years back. That engine must weigh more than the i5

Comment

Hey Sal,

For a B2 I would look at the VR5 there are a few B5 cars with turbo VR5s on YouTube.

Regarding the weight of the engine, I did some digging a while ago but couldn't find a definitive answer as to how heavy they are in comparison to a 20v I5. I am hoping that the sorter length will be of some benefit Vs a potential weight gain.

The 2.8 Vs 3.2 is a bit of retrospective regret on my part really. In hindsight, I should have just started with a 3.2.

Comment

2.8 bottom end & 3.2 head is quite a common combination i thought?

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
                        2.8 bottom end & 3.2 head is quite a common combination i thought?
                        Yeah that is a combo that has been used as the 3.2 head has much larger ports. It was something I considered when I picked up the second engine.

Jase.

Comment

Coming along well Jason. Who've you in mind to do the paint?
                          Stuart
                          B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Hi stu, cheers.

I am open to suggestions if you know someone

Jase.

Comment

Updates on the way
                              Attached Files

Comment

IMG-20220514-WA0033.jpg

Comment