Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool Wookie.

Comment

The car is now out of storage and back home, well... In the work shop here.

It was in with a fabrication guy for a couple of months. He has finished the work on the cage, made up some seat mounts, sorted the passenger side engine mount and made the intake manifold.

While I have the car back I'm going to aim to prep the interior for paint, mount the surge tank, run fuel and brake lines. I also have other misc jobs to sort before the car goes back to the fabricator for a tube bumper/radiator/intercooler mount, boost pipes, turbo manifold and hopefully an exhaust!

I will drop a few photos along the way.

IMG-20220517-WA0012.jpg

Comment

That's going to be some sort of monster once it's running! Glad my oil cooler has gone to a good home.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Got some paint on the car.

Still plenty to do though!

Jase.

Comment

Really nice project...A little bit sad that you going with the VR6 engine instead of the I5, but VR engines sound good too. Nice roll cage.
              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                Really nice project...A little bit sad that you going with the VR6 engine instead of the I5, but VR engines sound good too. Nice roll cage.
                All the fast Audi's now have a VR6

Comment

image_87676.jpg image_87677.jpg image_87678.jpg image_87679.jpg image_87680.jpg No real update.... I now live around 300 miles from where the car is currently located so getting time to tinker with it is sparse.

I did get a day to chip away at a few things recently.

Started refitting a few items like the brake servo, ABY rack, etc. Looked at how the wiring will lay. Fitted wheel studs for ease, and mocked up some 300mm rear disks against the 4 piston brembo rears.

I have a few jobs still to do and still some more reassembly... Slowed also by missing some items.. DOH.

​​​I still need to add fuel lines which will be -8AN from the surge tank sitting in the spare wheel area.

The car should soon be in with my fab guy for him to finish the intake (the angle of the TB needs to be finalised) a turbo manifold, 3.5 inch exhaust, front frame to hold the bumper, radiator etc (there is one there now but it will be updated) boost pipes

Wiring needs to be looked at soon too... But it is getting there.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jaswan; 23 November 2023, 20:51.

Comment

Also.

I love the colour

Comment

You may have noticed that the roof is missing too.

There is a carbon skin to glue in but I want to add in one of the original supports before i add the cover... The car had a sunroof that I wanted to delete.

Jase.

Comment

Looks really dusty,,and was from before painting the car.. but you get the idea

Jase
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
                          Updates on the way
                          Whats the nearside engine mount from?
                          I've a 3.2 from a Phaeton and a rolling s2 coupe ready to do this.

Comment

Passat v5 but the mount on the chassis rail was moved to make it work.

Comment

So the world's slowest project has a slight update.

I don't get much time at all at the moment to do anything with the car and it is currently sat in a workshop 300 miles from where I live.

Any how. I had a couple of days to get a few bits done.

I managed to make up some brake lines and bolt in some fuel parts.

I needed to change plan on the route of the fuel so I didn't have the right parts to make the hard lines for under the car.

Also, now that the car is a bit more assembled it's clear that I need to change plan on the intake manifold. - it will be remade with the TB entry in the middle facing downward, may be on an angle to face forward towards the intercooler outlet. But as it stands there is no room for the non essential headlight, but more important coolant line.

Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-43-12-169_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-42-34-053_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-43-41-023_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-43-56-665_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-42-41-941_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-44-07-445_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-44-59-760_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-45-11-594_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-46-31-688_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2023-11-23-13-46-02-390_com.miui.gallery.jpg
                              Last edited by Jaswan; 23 November 2023, 13:54.

Comment

Can anyone confirm on how the flexible line for the front brakes should be routed??

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X