Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying what turbo i have? Hohenester 310 kit

Well,

Iam sitting here reading my invoice from Hohehenster. The previouse owner got it tuned and renovated there for 6000£.

I has a "Ausspuffkrümmer s2 rs spez" which should be a hohenester RS2 exhoust manifold.

However it also says this, should be the turbo:

K 26-2672 GGC 6.92 mit LG wassergeküh

Well wassergeküh=water cooled.

But does this mean i have a RS2 hybrid turbo on? this would be K26 hotside, and K24 cold side right?

Now assumning i have an RS hohenester EM and Hohenester RS2 Hybrid turbo, would they then use stock full nozzles?

Further more, what would people then recommand for more HP? Bigger IC, or complete 3" exhoust or well?

Would it be normal to run 1.4 bar peak to 5000 rpm then dropping off to 1 bar at redline?

If anybody speaking german i can try to write some of the german via PM and they can perhaps translate?

/Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Originally posted by Jonas_R
    Well,

Iam sitting here reading my invoice from Hohehenster. The previouse owner got it tuned and renovated there for 6000£.

I has a "Ausspuffkrümmer s2 rs spez" which should be a hohenester RS2 exhoust manifold.

However it also says this, should be the turbo:

K 26-2672 GGC 6.92 mit LG wassergeküh

Well wassergeküh=water cooled.

But does this mean i have a RS2 hybrid turbo on? this would be K26 hotside, and K24 cold side right?

Now assumning i have an RS hohenester EM and Hohenester RS2 Hybrid turbo, would they then use stock full nozzles?

Further more, what would people then recommand for more HP? Bigger IC, or complete 3" exhoust or well?

Would it be normal to run 1.4 bar peak to 5000 rpm then dropping off to 1 bar at redline?

If anybody speaking german i can try to write some of the german via PM and they can perhaps translate?

/Jonas R.
    Hi,

The first part 2672 is the compressor side, and the 6.92 is the exhaust turbine, at a guess! You will need to do some more research. Not sure whether that is the Audi Ur MB or Porsche spec. Think there is some compressor maps out there.

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu
      Hi,

The first part 2672 is the compressor side, and the 6.92 is the exhaust turbine, at a guess! You will need to do some more research. Not sure whether that is the Audi Ur MB or Porsche spec. Think there is some compressor maps out there.
      But definately not a hybrid s2 turbo right?

/Jonas R.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R
        But definately not a hybrid s2 turbo right?

/Jonas R.

That 2672 is the RS2 compressor wheel. Just need to confirm the turbine. Sounds like all RS2!

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/parts_...turbo/rs2.html

Comment

Easiest would be to unbolt downpipe and maf-turbo hose and measure the inducer and exducer diameters.

If it's a bit like MTM used to have (their "small hybrid") then it's not a RS2 unit, but slightly smaller.

I think the MTM hybrid was 48 in (as RS2) and 50 out (54 RS2).

IIRC MTM promised 315hp max with that turbo. Yours is Hohenester 310hp right?

EM is probably a stock RS2 one. Injectors may be stock, they probably are.

IC and exhaust would probably be good to upgrade.

If you're planning a bigger turbo, sell the old one to me if it's in good shape.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
            Easiest would be to unbolt downpipe and maf-turbo hose and measure the inducer and exducer diameters.

If it's a bit like MTM used to have (their "small hybrid") then it's not a RS2 unit, but slightly smaller.

I think the MTM hybrid was 48 in (as RS2) and 50 out (54 RS2).

IIRC MTM promised 315hp max with that turbo. Yours is Hohenester 310hp right?

EM is probably a stock RS2 one. Injectors may be stock, they probably are.

IC and exhaust would probably be good to upgrade.

If you're planning a bigger turbo, sell the old one to me if it's in good shape.
            What do you mean by in and out? Is this the inner and outer diameter for the inlet on the cold side? not quite sure what it is that you what me to meassure?

/Jonas R.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

cold side inlet and hot side outlet ID
              -

Comment

Any other way? Since this is quite difficult for me just to do
                Could i read something off the turbo and post it here?

/Jonas R.
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Well this was the letters i got off the cold side:
                  5326 101 5160

Is this a RS2 cold side then or what?

/Jonas R.
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450