Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi dan just received my refund (over a year waiting) for £133.51. My original policy was £248.10 which started on the 15,06,2016 and was cancelled by yourself s on the 29,07,2016. Which means I have paid £114.59 for 76days of cover, talk about getting shafted ,when it's not even my fault

Comment

Hi Curlylee,

Thanks for advising and if you wished to message me your full name / postcode I can take a look at your file. We don't as a rule cancel anyone's policy without justification - for example undisclosed convictions, undisclosed modifications, claims that weren't notified to us and suchlike.

However, if you get in touch I can view and take from there.

Dan
      Last edited by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX; 4 September 2017, 17:17.

Comment

Ru for real ,you've got my details I've messaged you a few times and yes you did cancel my policy when enterprize insurance went bust, no wonder it took over a year and got fleeced

Comment

Go back to page 1 of this thread it might give you a clue

Comment

Originally posted by curlylee View Post
            Hi dan just received my refund (over a year waiting) for £133.51. My original policy was £248.10 which started on the 15,06,2016 and was cancelled by yourself s on the 29,07,2016. Which means I have paid £114.59 for 76days of cover, talk about getting shafted ,when it's not even my fault

Hi again Lee,

Apologies, I've just read the notes and your unfortunate case relates to your initial insurer Midas Underwriting unfortunately losing it's 'capacity' to underwrite business.

Effectively this left a number of policyholders' uninsured and we didn't technically cancel your policy - your underwriter had no reserves to pay you or anybody else in the event of an accident. This is of course very rare and we appreciate it's caused you some stress and we totally agree you were not to blame.

By the same token if I could explain our situation - we are the broker / intermediary and upon paying us your premium we transfer the money to the underwriter. Of course with the situation they found themselves in they wouldn't have returned your premium to us which meant we had to find you alternate cover or you would have been uninsured in effect.

Your refund was provided by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme which is set-up to deal with these very rare situations. It's unfortunate it's taken so long but I'm sure there were a whole host of issues surrounding these payments but at least it got sorted to a degree.

If you require any further information don't hesitate to return to me.

Thanks

Dan

Comment

Right then dan spoke. To fscs today and it's down to the information supplied by the broker, so you have conded me out of £114.59 for46 days of cover,please stop fobbing me off, Adrian flux has sent my information to fscs, so who else are you going to blame it on this time, I bet you still got your broker fee out of it and not refunded it back to me
              Last edited by curlylee; 5 October 2017, 23:32.

Comment

I must be right then dan as no reply, not even a call from your help team

Comment

I must be right then dan as no reply, not even a call from your help team
                  Hi Lee,

I've passed your comments to the service team. They should be in touch to discuss.

Regards
                  Dan

Comment

I missed there call twice, so phoned back both times must have been on hold for 15/20 mins so I gave up

Comment

I missed there call twice, so phoned back both times must have been on hold for 15/20 mins so I gave up
                      Hi Lee, unfortunately as we are an incoming call centre the team can only take your call when a member of staff becomes free. I can arrange a callback at a time that is more convenient for you if you like?

Regards
                      Dan

Comment

Tried phoning them again today 20 mins of listening to music gave up again, tell them to ring me

Comment

Tell them to phone me.fed up of trying

Comment

Hello

Comment

Still nothing I have 2 policies with you, you won't be getting any business of me again

Comment

Still nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X