Coil Kit Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil Kit Arrived

Thanks to Marc from EFI, coil kit arrived a couple of days ago and just got in with a chance of fitting them, all is well, misfire is gone, and she's running perfectly!

Cheers
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
    Thanks to Marc from EFI, coil kit arrived a couple of days ago and just got in with a chance of fitting them, all is well, misfire is gone, and she's running perfectly!

Cheers
    Way to go....

Good lad....

Thats two sorted in as many weeks,,,
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Soon as it came onto boost and went like a train, was that same feeling of driving it for the first time

Now just need a compressor for my AC, changed a radiator..pipe for the condenser unit wasn't holding out anymore, then changed the condenser and now the pipe for the compressor unit has broken taking along a piece of the compressor with it, looks like I'll have fully refurbed the aircon system by the time I'm done with it
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

What does that kit consist of? I don't know which way to go, I'm stuck between the red top mount coil packs or separate coil and leads for my build
        ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

This is the kit me and Mr Simmonds bought:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps506d9f6c.jpg

The 1.8t plug and play kit from EFI.

It comes with instructions, it's actually very simple to wire up and did the job well enough, requires very minimum amount of work

This is the kit: http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/pr...products_id=66
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

any pics of the fitting?

Comment

It looks like this once it is in, I've tidied the wires up since this photo though.

They recommend the coil cover stays off for heat dispursal...
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Perfect picture. I was just wondering how they sat in where the cover would be. I might do this on my ABY at some point in the future, i take it that they stay in place pretty well?

Comment

How are these coils in comparison to the red ones that have been mentioned on other posts?
                  ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

I'm not sure about the red ones..they stay in place pretty well but you might have to fiddle around a bit to make sure they are sitting in place properly but overall look pretty tidy
                    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

The red coils are electrically the same as the black ones (same performance, same longevity). Same cost as well. I will add an option to the cart for people to select which coils they would like with the kit.
                      Marc Swanson
                      Proprietor, EFI Express
                      95.5 //S6 Avant
                      90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
                      93' //S4
                      83' UrQ
                      97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

Working...
                      X