Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS. I have drilled disks....so this might not even be possible.
    Disks might crack

Is there any 280/22mm disks that would fit in this set?
    A3 front?

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74573

Comment

guys a quick one.

bought tyhis kit from pete a few years ago and just fitted it. the calipers wont go over the discs and new pads.

do we need to skim the pads down or do I have the wrong calipers. seems not wide enough to fit it in. also caliper looks identical to what I took off the car.

Comment

The discs need to be cut down from 300mm to 280mm iirc. I found my car also already had the calliper on.
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

but the caliper wont og over the disc and pads. disc is fitted, 280mm no worries. caliper wont go over . I reckon I could shave the pads but is this what needs doing. calipers are stamped 38 but piston looks visibly, not measured bigger than the capiper I took ofrf.

a bit miffed at mo tbh.

how tight was it to fit.

Comment

Ah sorry i see. It definitely wasn't that tight - it all just fitted nicely.
              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

pretty sure I got the wrong calipers in the kit way back then. just never noticed.

either that or I got another set somewhere hidden but 100% doubt this.

O bolicks

Comment

Yes mate, you've been mugged off with stock calipers. URS4 calipers are 41mm
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Like Alex says the castings have 41/43 cast on them. I always thought they were 43mm piston diameter so not sure what 41 relates to unless the same casting is used for different piston sizes relative to the disc diameter.

Comment

it appears that way. anybody got some to measure the internal dimensions.

think im gonna skim the pads down for now or use stock.

problem after problem recently.

Comment

If you orientate the caliper so the piston is observable, then the recess inside the caliper is 63mm. The piston protrudes further but that of course can vary!

Comment

No problem here, to fit new pads, disk and UrS4 calipers.
                          I did read too quickly this topic, and I didn't notice that I have to machined 300mm disks to 280mm
                          I bought 300mm drilled disks first, and those were not able to machine 280mm, because some of the holes were too near y th edge, and it would been crack if machined. So I need to buy another ones (solid 300mm disks) and those did the job.
                          Attached Files

Comment

This is a URS4 caliper I have here:

HTH

Comment

many thanks will. ill measure what I have.

panel on the way btw

Comment

Working...
                              X