Heated front seats/elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    The nice thing about the OEM ones is the built in thermostat and adjustable dial, nice to be able to crank the ****er up to 6 then dial it down when it gets toasty

Very true!! You can't beat genuine Audi heated Recaro sports seats,oh i'm sorry renamed for the RS2 as RS2 Recaros.They be very nice. MMmmmmm.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Dear Mr. Clayton,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we can confirm only, that the part number 8A0 963 557 A is not available.

Of course we always attempt to extend the inventory of discontinued spare parts as quickly as possible. Please check the search
      function of our Audi tradition shop from time to time if your desired spare part is on stock again.

Due to the diversity in the range of Audi models we cannot guarantee that every possible spare part will be available in our
      inventory in the future. Thank you for your understanding.
      Dear Mr. Clayton, in case of any further questions and future inquiries about the availability of spare parts at our Audi
      tradition shop, our team will gladly assist you. Please use the contact form which you can find on our website under "contact".

Sincerely yours

i. V. Uwe Werner i. A. Berit Poetzsch

Auto Union GmbH
      85045 Ingolstadt
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I used a Waeco kit, with a 10K thermistor from RS Components, wired into the proper loom/switches. Works just like OE
        1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
        2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
        1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
        1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
        1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
        1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
        1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
        1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

any more info Andy?
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yarp
            Waeco kit as per link
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-...item3cf916ea3b
            RS Thermistor
            http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/thermistors/1912263/

Was a while ago when I did these so I’m going from memory.
            The Waeco seat pads come with twin elements, one for hot and the other for hotter, but I can't remember which one I used, probably the hotter of the two.
            I used the later relayed switches and loom and wired with the appropriate connectors, using audicoupe2.3’s excellent guide: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=heated
            You can see in his pictures of the seats where the thermistor sits at the back of the seat, get down to your local haberdasher and get some iron on interfacing to keep it in position.
            The elements are stuck to the seats using supplied double sided tape but I found going over them with the interfacing helps smooth out the edges
            Also, I think I may have had to cut the fabric on the back element to allow it to fit either side of the middle cover tensioning wire
            1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
            2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
            1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
            1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
            1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
            1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
            1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
            1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

I sourced a complete set for cardcrash, that's all eight, front and rear seat elements complete with an unbutchered loom including all four switches from Stingeris in Lithuania.

I think some of the parts came from C4 cars but they look compatible.

He couldn't have been more helpful and efficient and I'd wouldn't hesitate to purchase parts from him again, good English as well
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I've fitted a set of URS6 elements into a set of Recaros for another member a few years ago. The backrest element needs a bit of getting but can be made to fit OK
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X