Audi 100 quattro - How do they drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 100 quattro - How do they drive?

One of these has come for sale a few hours from me. It's an '86, 2.2 10vt. Decent shape, 200k miles, stock. They are rarely for sale anywhere remotely near me outside Germany, and on the rare occasion they are, the prices are ridiculous. Anything associated quattro i5 turbo. Call it the "Group B Tax" if you will. This one however, is cheap.

Before I get my mate and load up his trailer, how do they actually drive? How is the steering feel compared to say, a 1990's car? The only real experience I have with 1980's cars are E30's and E34's, and they drive great for what they are. Steering feel is nice, and theres a good connection with the road. With an E36 rack, the E30 is even better.

How will a 100 quattro compare, considering it's more of an old noseheavy luxury car, and the engine being mounted in that way?

I had one, it was awesome, fastest time I’ve ever set from home to Cornwall in that car

It had the Sachs sport suspension on it and I did the ECU mod to get a bit more boost.

I sold it to a mate and he had it stolen before even driving it..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks newsh. Just had a look at your coupe thread. What an awesome long term project car.
      Anyone else with any experience they feel like sharing?

Comment

I had a 200quattro, great balance between comfort and solid on the road. not happy with tight corners, but stunningly fast on 'faster' bends

Comment

Working...
        X