smoke from audi s2 exhaust manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoke from audi s2 exhaust manifolds

hello everyone any help? I don't understand where it leaks oil from to make a lot of smoke and a burning smell from the side of the exhaust manifolds, the only thing I noticed a small drop from the turbine vent
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hello , could you resend the picture ? Have you draw something with black line ? One drop can smoke pretty good.

Comment

hi I have a video but I can't upload it when the machine heats up smoke comes from the collectors / turbine head gasket and various manifold valve cover gaskets etc. are all new as soon as they are assembled

Comment

try to put it on youtube and post the link .. if you have assembeld everything and yiu hade oily fingers ,, the oil smoke will disappear

Comment

Have you driven it yet (after rebuild)? Any oil and grease on new parts takes a while to burn off.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

It could be a leak from the oil feed or drain from the turbo or possibly a leak from the cam cover. Failing that, it's just burn off if you have rebuilt that side of the engine recently.
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

it's not clear, it seems to derive from the turbo exhaust when the car is in motion

Comment

Has the turbo been rebuilt? If it's the original the shaft seals may be on their way out
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

rebuilt 800 km ago with internal shaving and bearing

Comment

Is it possible that a gasket is missing from the turbine oil drain pipe? it could leak from there when you accelerate

Comment

Yes, or either the feed or drain flange has been over tightened and is bent .

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Someone hasn't put nyloc nuts on the exhaust manifold and the nylons smoking as its melting. Just a thought !.

Comment

I put nylocs on my waste gate , burnt the nylon off pretty quickly , lol

Comment

I found a large oil leak from here, for the rest I find nothing and how I use it and I take a ride the smoke is always a lot
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You should not be getting oil comeing out off there !. If oil is in your compressure houseing its going to be in your intercooler. You will have to clean ever thing out on the cold side off your turbo. Get the Turbo unit checked out coz it could be a seal that failed and letting oil past into the housing. Did the old turbo fail ?. Maybe this unit is ok and what your seeing is oil and smoke from the old turbo failing that is in the intercooler ect.

Comment

Working...
                              X