Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 intake manifold

Hello,

My Urquattro has RS2 Injectors, MAF and Porsche brakes with the RS2 mounting brackets and I would love to complete the set with an RS2 intake manifold. ?

Can anyone help me with one for sale? Would prefer if it’s a “project” as I’d like to clean it and highlight the “Porsche” script to match the car.

Cheers,
    Nigel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They cost a fortune if you can find one just use an ABY one with the inscription plate which flow better anyway

Comment

ABY and RS2 inlet manifolds are identical castings apart from the Porsche logo, it's actually the 3B/RR castings that flow slightly better so I'd stick with your existing manifold.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks for that. Where do they come up for sale typically and what's their price range?

Would be nice to have it for a season as I don't really want to tamper the original intake manifold.

Would be great to pop the bonnet and see Porsche on the manifold. Haha

Last edited by nastnas; 21 October 2022, 19:33.

Comment

Last one I saw went for £600

Comment

Like this, looks OK
            Attached Files

Comment

Think the metal plate cost me £60

Comment

Thanks for that. Are those custom plates over the coils and intake or just the coils?

Comment

The very first RS2's had a stick on plate almost identical to Rikki's just with a mat finish, I've see RS2 IM's fetch 1K Euros on German eBay, I could think of much better way's of spending a grand than on something that makes absolutely no difference to performance.

Comment

Thanks for that mate. For me performance isn't the only attribute I care about. If I wanted performance I would of had the latest new Megane RS for half the price of the Quattro. Each to their own I guess.

Comment

Just had a thought, I seem to recall your an engineer? Another option would be to pick up another 3B/RR manifold and get someone competent to CNC mill the logo on to it, the alloy is pretty thick and you'd only have to go between 0.5 and 1mm deep.

I think that would actually cost less than a genuine RS2 IM which come up for sale extremely rarely.

Comment

Originally posted by nastnas View Post
                        Thanks for that mate. For me performance isn't the only attribute I care about. If I wanted performance I would of had the latest new Megane RS for half the price of the Quattro. Each to their own I guess.

Fair enough enough mate, as you say it's down to personal choice... I'd have your quattro over just about any modern car except something stupidly exotic, new car's are not built to last and a total pig to work on.

I've had a very good go in one of those new Toyota Yaris GR's which everyone raves about and pushed the thing as far as I could safely. I will concede it was extremely good fun and pretty dam quick though nothing like as fast as my RS2 or old 3B either of which I'd have over the Toyota any day even though it handles considerably better than either of my Audi's.

Comment

Yeah a mate locally here also suggested milking the manifold however I'd like to keep the stock version untouched.

If I can't find one at a reasonable price I won't do it but if you don't ask you just don't know right.

Yes, the modern hatches are amazing but lack the character.

Comment

I bought the custom coil wiring of error 404 and now use modern coil packs which cost around £40 each instead of £140 for originals which is crazy and does away with the boosters (not sure what's the right name for them) the coil cover was about £70 on fleabay

Comment

Originally posted by nastnas View Post
                              Yeah a mate locally here also suggested milking the manifold however I'd like to keep the stock version untouched.

If I can't find one at a reasonable price I won't do it but if you don't ask you just don't know right.

Yes, the modern hatches are amazing but lack the character.

Oh yes, I'd most certainly leave your current manifold alone apart from perhaps sticking a plate on like Rikkis as that's totally reversible.

However 3B/RR manifolds can still be picked up for £200 top's and do actually come for sale fairy often, the mill work would perhaps be roughly the same or maybe less if you've got a mate who can do it. Still a few quid but probably half what a genuine would cost you and as mentioned they simply don't come up sale very often at all.

All modern cars in my opinion are devoid of character, apart for stuff that costs £250K+ and like I said they lack the build quality of older German vehicles, your RR is an exceptionally nice car, I'd give my right arm to have it in my workshop next to my RS2.

Stick up an add in the wanted section, you never know what people have got knocking about and most folk on here don't want mental eBay prices for stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X