No announcement yet.

Jack4688's S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you cant fit your hand in just pop of the ISV/strut bar or whatever is in your way, dont force the ISV to the side and tear the rubber hoses.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Thanks Andy I just need to find some new piping now. What's left after I trimmed off the cracked/teared bits is too short.

In other news this car will be going up for sale shortly. I've come to the conclusion that in order to move to New Zealand, as well as trying to get a couple of weeks out there this year, I'm going to have to part with the S2

I'll place a for sale thread on Monday at work, trying to do it on my phone will be murder!

Comment

• I've switched insurance back to the A4 now, I was going to on Friday anyway as it was a surprising refund instead of an extra charge for the vehicle that was £3,320 to renew in August those insurance b*****ds just make it up every day!

Anyway to why I've pushed forward switching the insurance over: went out last night in the heavy rain and encountered a large puddle around a corner in the road which I splashed through. After coming out from tesco it started an ran fine but this morning as I tried leaving for work there was nothing left in the battery. I tried charging it but it didn't want to charge. I tried jumping it from the A4 but all that happened was the starter solenoid clicked, the engine didn't tick over

I thought it was the battery, if a little suspicious that it was fine up until this morning. Is there a chance I've flooded something which has caused a short to drain the battery and/or damaged something like the starter motor? What can I do to check the cause of the fault?

Great timing as I'm selling the car

Comment

• Jack, needs checking with a multi-meter.........are you handy with one?
          Battery could be goosed?? Alternator may have taken a hit from the puddle and stopped charging........or maybe starter ?
          Best case scenario is the battery has decided it's time........worth leaving the jump leads on for 15 mins, with the good car running. Then see if engine cranks.
          John.

Comment

• Borrow a mates good battery and try starting the car, should tell a tale one way or the other, without needless expense, straightaway ?

New owner should fit the under tray ?

Best wishes and good luck with the car and the move.

Let us all know how you get on down under in due course. Buy a V8 if / when your budget allows.

Comment

• I had a look at Holdens and Ford Falcons a while back and they seemed pretty expensive for what you were getting. Forget what's under the bonnet for a sec, it's like paying $9000 for a Vauxhall Omega Would you ever sit inside an Omega and be satisfied with your choice of car?? Subaru Legacies on the other hand are dirt cheap! ...and one of the few cars in New Zealand where there isn't one manual for every 500 automatics

Tomorrow after work I'll try charging from the A4, need next door to be out in order to position the cars on the drive appropriately so I can't do it now. I wouldn't have thought the alternator or anything else would have taken a knock, it wasn't like I ploughed through the standing water, it was just a little unexpected - but I guess it's possible

Comment

• Funny re the Holdens etc.

Maybe an Audi S8, with a change of the autobox to mannual. Not exactly a buy and drive i admit. :roll eyes:

or a B5 RS4 if your numbers come up and they're are affordable down under ?.

Comment

• I think B5s are only worth it, to me, if it's a cheap banger like my 1.8T. I test drove a remapped B5 S4 a few years back and was so disappointed with every aspect of it compared to the S2. Mainly the interior which is such low quality compared to the B4. Unless they upped the quality/fit & finish for the RS4s I think £14,000 is too much for it, while £1,400 for one that's almost as quick as an S2 seems about right.

But I digress... Hooked up the S2 to the A4 with it still running and we have a runner now I'm sat in the car right now letting it run for a bit and will temp insure it for a prospective buyer next week and would have to anyway to check how it runs after I get that rubber pipe sorted. Hopefully it'll hold charge and a run can top it up further. I have a tendency to assume the absolute worst at the drop of a hat

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                    Hooked up the S2 to the A4 with it still running and we have a runner now I'm sat in the car right now letting it run for a bit and will temp insure it for a prospective buyer next week and would have to anyway to check how it runs after I get that rubber pipe sorted. Hopefully it'll hold charge and a run can top it up further. I have a tendency to assume the absolute worst at the drop of a hat
                    Can we assume the battery is likely knackered then? Voltage normal on gauge when engine running?

Comment

• I'll check when I go for a run

Comment

• 12v with ignition turned on and 14v with the engine running, think it just needed drying out after traversing a flooded road. Unfortunately no deliveries at work today so my piping will no doubt get to me by Monday for me to fix the boost issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                          12v with ignition turned on and 14v with the engine running, think it just needed drying out after traversing a flooded road. Unfortunately no deliveries at work today so my piping will no doubt get to me by Monday for me to fix the boost issue.
                          Where did you order piping from?
                          '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                          '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubber-Mar...item2c71a9240e

Comment

Working...
                            X