Jack4688's S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting there:

We got a little further than that before tucking it in for the night and my mate had to shoot off home. The drill bits sitting on the aux rad cover are for drilling out the screw that holds the rad to the panel over the top, that was the only issue we encountered..... so far

While I'm this far in I'd better get the PAS pump off as I know it's leaking, having been replaced about a year before this one started leaking

I may also take the wings off to get them looked at by a local independent body shop so that the car is as rust-free as it can be for the potential to export it to New Zealand with me.

I managed to get almost everything that we took off inside the S2 but the bumper had to come inside the house - good thing there's no wife in the picture to annoy with those sort of shennanigans

Oh and that used coolant makes for a tasty refreshment after a couple hours hard graft

Comment

• Since changing that sensor I've run the engine a couple times letting it get up to temp no problem. Just needed it shifting on the drive this morning so I went to start her up but this happened:

https://youtu.be/jb-l2C2GaNs

Forgive my ignorance if it's something obvious but I'm clueless as to what's going on there, can anyone help?

Comment

• Empty battery/loose cable?

Comment

• Don't think the battery is empty because it's either been ticking over without starting or when it's been completely empty it has barely had enough power to turn the dash lights on when I turned the ignition. The battery did seem low so I put it on charge for a bit before I went out but it started pi$$ing down with rain when I got back home so I don't want to go back outside to connect it up

I'll charge for a bit and see if it makes a difference...

Comment

• Charging got rid of it - it must have been at that point in between refusing to tick over and refusing to start. But this time smoke was billowing out from the exhaust Last time it ran it was just a matter of getting rid of allllllll the condensation from the exhaust system

Comment

• Could just be extra fuel being burnt away after being turned over but not starting
              B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

• Hopefully you're right about that! I'll give it a proper run later on this week when I get it proper warm for an oil change

Comment

• MOT (eventually) passed, now to sort boost leak or PAS leak

Comment

• Read the whole thread and now I sort of want an S2 Avant Like the more square front on the S2 over UrS4
                    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• haha I sometimes hanker after a C4

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                        haha I sometimes hanker after a C4
                        Fancy a swap?
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Depends. How much rust is there? How much caked-on vegetation will I have to scrape/steam off? I ask because I want 5 cylinders when I move to New Zealand and this car is first choice at the moment although I need to sort out the rust and get rid of plenty of plant matter

Comment

Depends. How much rust is there? How much caked-on vegetation will I have to scrape/steam off? I ask because I want 5 cylinders when I move to New Zealand and this car is first choice at the moment although I need to sort out the rust and get rid of plenty of plant matter
                            I'm just joking around mate. Too much work has gone into mine to date to swap it around. I've sworn to myself I am not selling this one, just getting more.

And for the record, no vegetation on my car

'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Don't worry me too, my Recaros wouldn't go in yours for a start

Comment

Don't worry me too, my Recaros wouldn't go in yours for a start
                                Everything fits into everything....eventually.
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X