ABT 2.5 20v Coupe Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
    Ahh interesting, do they still sell those?

A while ago some fellow was selling 7a Abt crank and cams on ebay.de

Im fairly certain the original motor was 2.5 from Abt for 7a modded motors and later tuned 3b ABY chipsets
    i would like to get my hands on that crank....

Comment

Eurospecsport use a 95.5 stroke crank out of a diesel 2.5 td and there own pistons which gives 2.6 the 2.5 is a 92.8 crank which came out of a South African camper .C&R enterprises of Nottingham did three 2.5 conversions of the 90 20v sport quattro when they first came out which gave 200hp and a greater increase in torque .Eurospecsport still do the 92.8 crank but its a billet now not forged they also do a 100mm crank which gives 2.8 ,the problem is it needs to be forced induction due to the length of the stroke .Plus its the cost last time I looked they wanted $1,500 for the 92.8 then there is import tax and vat.

Comment

There is or was an ABT bodied 7A coupe in the UK, I saw it for sale about 10 years ago, in silver or grey. Never seen or heard about it since then.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I can vaguely remember that car, think it was silver?
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Soo, i got the pictures and it looks like its the full wide bodykit abt cq. Rear lights are quite funny and right now i dont know if the bumpers are O.K but my emotions are soo high that i cant realy express myself. If everything goes well i will have the body with all bits and the guy i was speaking to will have the engine with everything. Rear diff and gearbox is gone the owner installed them on his 2.8 cq . Anyway the car has not been driven for a very long time so there are quite a bit of work to be done. Will see what happens...thumps crossed and lets hope that i get the car!

1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
            *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
            1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Fingers crossed for you, I hope this car can be saved
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

WOW i could have not imagined this kind of car beeing somewhere in Estonia, give me a ring once you have it, i'd love to come and have a look

Comment

I would be very good to get some pictures of the car and how the body has been done based on a standard car
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

the body looks better than my s2...
                    got some picks of interior and the engine bay and underbody?

Comment

Well the interior is all blue leather so RUBISH i would say. 2x el. windows, el. hatch as you can see on the photos, original black speedo with computer(not and white-red abt original one, quess that was extra money back on the days ), oldschool climate controll, heated seats where i thing dunno exactly, and 6x speakers as usual.
                      Right now we are negotiating the price the guy who ownes it is in a heart a vauxhall man do you believe it? So he has no idea off the prices, we made an offer and now he got chickens - soo pissed right now... Tomorrow i will know exactly what does he think about the price gave him the night to think about it. If i get the car i will make a topic about it and from the restauration because i think i will take it to pieces and will do a 100% total bodywork from top to toe like i did on my 20vq. Oh rear bumper is OK that information i got out of him, front is totaly in pieces because the car has had an tinie accident about 4 or 5 years ago.

Engine looks exactly the same, only way to find out is to take in to bits then will see if its realy 2.5 20v or not because the german chap who bought it from there first and took it to Estonia left the ABT documentation to Germany and only had a list what has been done on the engine, chip tuning an so on there were alot of things done with the engine and he said that the engine has about 160kw, dont believe it myself but go figure...

Last edited by Kiku; 23 February 2014, 20:40.
                      *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R

Comment

Are those pop rivets on the front wing? Hope you get this car if it's original it's definitely worth saving!
                        1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                        2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                        2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
                          Well the interior is all blue leather so RUBISH i would say. 2x el. windows, el. hatch as you can see on the photos, original black speedo with computer(not and white-red abt original one, quess that was extra money back on the days ), oldschool climate controll, heated seats where i thing dunno exactly, and 6x speakers as usual.
                          Right now we are negotiating the price the guy who ownes it is in a heart a vauxhall man do you believe it? So he has no idea off the prices, we made an offer and now he got chickens - soo pissed right now... Tomorrow i will know exactly what does he think about the price gave him the night to think about it. If i get the car i will make a topic about it and from the restauration because i think i will take it to pieces and will do a 100% total bodywork from top to toe like i did on my 20vq. Oh rear bumper is OK that information i got out of him, front is totaly in pieces because the car has had an tinie accident about 4 or 5 years ago.
                          got a thred on your coupe???

Comment

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
                            as you can see on the photos, original black speedo with computer(not and white-red abt original one
                            Well, believe it or not mate but I got a full set of the Abt dials Will have to look them up in the garage though.

Comment

I have a topic in our local Audi forum about my car but its in Estonian so there is nothing to look from there, i have saved all the documentation(pictures) from bulding my coupe so i will be making a thread soon. The thing is that i work on bodyshop if its the right word so simple restoring isnt so big "nut" for me.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                                Well, believe it or not mate but I got a full set of the Abt dials Will have to look them up in the garage though.
                                Jeeeep, i know i have seen them!

Comment

Working...
                                X