1989 b3 coupe 20v quattro resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 b3 coupe 20v quattro resto

Hi im currently restoring my coupe and im considering a set of compomotive mo5 8x17 4x108 et 42 wheels and i wondered if anyone here is using these wheels? Any advice or pics welcome TIA

Not those specifically, but think you will want spacers with that offset.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
      Not those specifically, but think you will want spacers with that offset.
      Thanks for the reply i wanted et 35 but compomotive wont make them, they think they will work and the centre bore is 57.1 so i will have to do a mock up to measure it properly but my first thoughts were spacers needed.

Comment

If you are concerned with centre bore, you can always use a spigot ring, cheap fix, and gives you more options.

ET38 is quite common with Peugeot, I think, with a wider wheel it pulls the edge off the wheel out nicely.

Comment

If you are concerned with centre bore, you can always use a spigot ring, cheap fix, and gives you more options.

ET38 is quite common with Peugeot, I think, with a wider wheel it pulls the edge off the wheel out nicely.
          I wanted 7x17 et 35 first but the nearest they could offer was 8x17 et 42 they used to make what you wanted in the past, they quote everything on the car you need wheels for.

Comment

You will need spacers with ET 42 for sure.
            Maybe 10mm? (or a little more at the front to clear the track rod ball joint).
            Depends on the stretch too of course, I don’t like lots or stretch. It looks naff and the rims are too easily damaged.
            Last edited by newsh; 23 January 2022, 18:58.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

I really fancied a set of MO6 for mine, I was looking at a set from a.cosworth before I changed to 5x112.

The MO5 look good too tho!

Apologies for the lack of useful information! I do agree that you may need spacers though, even if the wheels do clear they are going to look very narrow.

Jase.

Comment

I found the rears much tighter to the spring perch than the fronts....

I bought a set of 17x7.5 autec rims, they have an offset of 38, with 225 tyres they fit nicely, no spacers. Just needed £10 worth of spigot rungs.

Suspect your 7" rims will as is, but may be a bit far in the arches.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, i checked but i would need spacers its a pity compomotive wont make custom wheels anymore. I think i will get 7x17 et37 boleros new from tradition maybe, any opinions on these welcome!

Comment

They are a heavy wheel, IMHO.

Have you asked about getting a wheel with larger centre bore? With ET35 available in that wheel I suspect they would then just bolt on with a spigot ring.

Comment

They are a heavy wheel, IMHO.

Have you asked about getting a wheel with larger centre bore? With ET35 available in that wheel I suspect they would then just bolt on with a spigot ring.
                      Hi i asked about all options but they cant supply what i need

Comment

Hi all my latest wheel idea is Speedline corse 2120 7x17 et 28 which are available in 4x108 and wont need spacers, has any one used these wheels on a coupe and have any pics? When i rebuilt the suspension i am sorry i didnt do a 5x112 conversion but i wanted to keep it as it was built!! Any help appreciated TIA.

Comment

Working...
                        X