Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right, time to vent your spleen...use it or lose it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a very busy work schedule, and thus have little time to get on with things I want to do....I have owned my car and been a member of the forum for roughly the same amount of time, my point is that I have had hundreds of cars and if I had not found this forum to be EXCELLENT (superior to any other car forum I have to use as a pose to want to use) I woul have thrown the towel in.

Endless help and advice for people who are interested enough to want to better thier s2 or just keep it moving.

I like the cameraderie, and I am quite amused by some of the slanging matches as it sometimes feels like 'harmony in the workplace', at the end of things we are all here because of a common interest and if these cars were crap we would not be here. I do not know many of you well, however I value your swift responses immenseley and I would have stuffed my temperamental car up some spotty by now if you all hadn't kept me interested.

As a trader/seller/guru, it soon becomes apparent that opinions are like a****holes in any business, but you have to remember that we are entitled to have one.
    I have not donated or sponsored yet because I have nothing solid to offer anyone yet, but the time may well arise that I do....

WITHOUT THIS EXCELLENT FORUM I WOULD NOT STILL OWN MY CAR,, and I appreciate all the work that goes in to keeping this place beating. I dont care about the site niggles, I care that we are all still here next year and thereafter.

I am in your collective debt for running and participating in a forum that (in my ..opinion..) is the best I have ever been involved in by miles. If a mandatory donation is needed to keep it up, such as a subscription, fire away!!

Comment

• Twitter...Facebook... I don't have time for them

BUT whenever the subject of the Net comes up at work or play, I quote www.s2forum.com as a KILLER APP.

It's incredible that this resource brings together a few hundred people scattered all over the world who have a shared interest.

It's breathtaking that you can tap into the shared knowledge of such a diverse group of people, so easily.

So far I've got help on here with:

Buying a car to start with, brake upgrade, rechip ECU, window regulators, MAF connector, hall sensor, type of oil, type of fuel, aux radiator, blink codes, aircon, short-shift, oil breather, etc etc

I also hope I've occasionally helped others (996 upgrade, horny fat women etc)

My thoughts on changes would be :

1- Prominent permanent link to www.S2central.net as an amazing resource.

2- Better tagging of photos by members, so users can search for pics of specific items. please.

3- THIS WOULD REQUIRE LOTS OF WORK.. but maybe users could write up "wiki" style "how to" guides, that can be edited. At the moment if I look for "how to remove ECU from under dash" I have to read a long long thread ... if some of use could volunteer to tidy them up and condense the info then it would be great - and then they could be updated in the future.

Cheers - and thanks to you all. I couldn't own an S2 wiothout the help fo this forum.
      SOLD !

Comment

Working...
      X