Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back, a bit broken but kinda functioning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you had a sh1tty 12 months , Glad to hear your improving & nice to see you back on here
    sigpic
    Cab 2.3E
    90q
    URS6

Comment

Glad to hear you are on the mend Kit. Sounds like you've had a rough time over the last year. Always enjoy your posts.
      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Wow, seems you've been through hell.
        Best wishes for full recovery!
        Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
        http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Welcome back Kit, your presence on the forum was missed. I wish you well in your recovery from your hellish accident.

Comment

Thanks again for all good wishes and welcome back! It's great to be on here again.

Various people have got me running around after parts so I'm having a busy day which is great as I keep finding more things I forgot I had.

I don't like stairs now, some of you may recall that I had trip down a flight at work in 2016 which knackered my left knee for months and caused a lot of lost work, maybe I should contact Stannah Stair Lifts.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Welcome back Kit. Sounds like a bloody nightmare, so glad to hear you’re on the mend!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Glad you are on the mend!
                Lucky chap! My best mate lost his brother to a similar fall.
                Best go to bed wearing a helmet!
                Rob..
                94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                87 UR 20v ABY
                97 S6 Avant
                96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

I've just been here and requested information for you ;-) https://www.acornstairlifts.co.uk/

You have to look as pleased as that chap whilst using it though..... And we shall tweak it so it runs super fast lol....

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                  Thanks again for all good wishes and welcome back! It's great to be on here again.

Various people have got me running around after parts so I'm having a busy day which is great as I keep finding more things I forgot I had.

I don't like stairs now, some of you may recall that I had trip down a flight at work in 2016 which knackered my left knee for months and caused a lot of lost work, maybe I should contact Stannah Stair Lifts.

Comment

Sounds like a nasty ordeal Kit but glad you are on the road to recovery! Look after yourself...
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Wow fella glad you're through the worst of it, good to have you back

Comment

Originally posted by Trist28 View Post
                        I've just been here and requested information for you ;-) https://www.acornstairlifts.co.uk/

You have to look as pleased as that chap whilst using it though..... And we shall tweak it so it runs super fast lol....

Thanks again for all the good wishes guy's, it means a lot to me.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident, if you ever start to look towards Canada again drop me a line. I moved here 12 years ago and have seen the changes in the economy / politics so you can bounce questions off me.

Comment

Sorry you had to endure that Kit. Glad to know that you are on the mend. Well wishes from Georgia.

Comment

Sorry about your awful woes. Great to hear you are on the mend.
                              Stay positive and may your recovery continue speedily.
                              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Missed these last couple of post, cheers chaps the good wishes are much appreciated.

However, over the coarse of August and September I've managed to force my hands back into life, to start with I'd do a day or so on a motor and the Sods would swell and lock up for a couple of days but I persisted and as soon as they were free enough to work again on my cars again I'd get back at it. I'm now at the stage where they don't swell at all, still got some numbness in my finger tips but it's getting better on a weekly basis as opposed to months, six months ago I'd say I had 40% at most usage now their unto around 70% and I've put on 5KG's of mussel from getting on them spanners again as my belt has gone in!!!

As I'm just working for myself I don't use my air tools at all to undo fixings, I try and turn every job into an exercise and it seems to be working. Give it another year and I reckon I'll be over this horrendous ordeal and pretty much have full use back, my right thumb is always going to be a bit of a hindrance but 'hey' I'm lucky it's still attached to me.

Just purchase a Snappon engine hoist from Trist and managed to unload by myself using some scaffold boards, the thing probably weighs 200kg's and as it was made in the 1980's so it's super over engineered, currently rated at 750Kg but the thing is made out of 1/4 plate/box so if I were to upgraded the hydraulic ram I'm sure it would do 2000KG's safely. Compared to the 120 quid eBay one it's looks like it's part of a train.

Comment

Working...
                                X