No announcement yet.

Stuff the EU!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump is what the Russians call a useful idiot. He's been anything but useful to us.

Comment

Go as far back as the annexing of Crimea he's been plotting for decades

Comment

There all as bad as each other. Go back to the 80’s when the Russians tried to invade Afghanistan, the US was helping the Taliban. 20’s years later they tried to wipe them out.

How car parts delivery issues got to this anyway. i have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
          Go as far back as the annexing of Crimea he's been plotting for decades
          Correct, the whole situation is a mess.

And agree neither Trump or Biden are properly equipped to deal with it. In fact I don't know who would be.

However... Biden's son 'Hunter' has gotten up to all sorts of dodgy stuff behind the scenes, the Chinese have dirt on him as do the Russians. That sodding lap-top he left to be repaired in cracked out stupor and forgot about holds some very incriminating material. Not just the obvious stuff with him doing drugs, which frankly I couldn't give a **** about, but proper national security threats.

The guy who reported it has had to shut his business and going into hiding, watched an interview with him a while ago and felt sorry for the dude.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
            There all as bad as each other.... How car parts delivery issues got to this anyway. i have no idea.
            I agree, geopolitics are a dark entangled web and there's not a thing we can do about.

I'll go back to moaning about the Belgian post office.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

I knew it would make certain things harder and that’s fair enough…. Though for it to be more hassle sending an item to Belgium than Texas in the state’s is absolutely absurd.
              Why?

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post

Why?
                I don't want to argue over that... It should be obvious.

I could understand if was the same amount of hassle but it's not. I've sent items to the USA this year and ever one of them has gotten through their notoriously difficult customs and to the buyer in good time.

To send an item with all paper work filled out correctly only to have the post office in that country decide they can't even be bothered to get in touch with the recipient and send it back is just plain silly.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

I don't want to argue over that... It should be obvious.
                  I'm not arguing, and if if it's obvious just dumb it down for me if you want to. I mean, it's a thread created called 'Stuff the EU' so figured we could have a chin wag.

1 country has long established logistic links and guidelines that couriers have adhered to for years. Same language, generally good support comms, all parties have affiliate couriers in both countries. No change.

1 country is trying to get used to everything recently being turned upside down due to brexit. Import/export laws, tax, customs, logistics, handover of goods, differing legislation for just about everything. 'Red tape' that being in the EU removed.

Again, not arguing, just honestly don't know how it's obvious that sending to the US should be more difficult than sending to a European nation.

Is the belief that we should have retained all of the benefits of being an EU member, while gaining the benefits of being removed from the EU? Understandable, as that's what was sold to us, but it's the same government in power that conducted the negotiations regarding said benefits.

Comment

The threads called 'Stuff The EU' because I was cross after putting a good deal of effort into jumping through their hoops to make sure people got packages only to have said packages returned for no good reason.

Have you personally tried to send an eBay item to the EU from the UK now? It's incredibly hard work finding the right codes for things and even when you've done that often courier sites still won't accept your booking which is infuriating.

You have a perfectly valid point in that we share a language with the states and there has been no change to the politics behind the infrastructure so things carry on the same.

My gripe is the EU government obviously misses the vast sums of money we were giving them to prop up their various schemes and has decided to penalize the man in the street by making simply posting a small item in some cases imposable.

Yes, the governmental system has changed but as far as I'm aware non of the EU country's post offices networks have altered significantly, it all worked fine before and they've had years to sort this out. It's not like we left yesterday.

Now as I've said I expected there to be changes for the worse regarding this matter but for a country's post office to not even attempt to deliver an item after it has passed their customs is ridiculous.

Comment

I know some Remainers are still upset and anything a leaver might say is fair game but in my humble opinion we are being punished. Onwards and upwards, our children and Grandchildren will reap the rewards, one day, hopefully

Comment

What's good about this discussion (and forum) is that both those in favour and against Brexit are fully united in their love and passion for all things S2 and will remain friends regardless
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                          I know some Remainers are still upset and anything a leaver might say is fair game but in my humble opinion we are being punished. Onwards and upwards, our children and Grandchildren will reap the rewards, one day, hopefully
                          One does get the feeling that the UK is now be punished for having the balls to go it alone and have proper control over policy making in our own country, which given we're an island with a very distinct culture I don't think is a bad thing.

Besides, as I've said I believe less government is what we need, not more.

The original idea of the EEC was a good one but that evolved in to the European parliament, which as I've said is a massively wasteful, highly bureaucratic body with some very silly policy's. Not all silly they do have some good ideas.

Hell, even Tony Benn and Enoch Powel were both strongly against us becoming full members and you'd struggle to find two people from such different ends of the political spectrum. They were in fact great friends. Back when politicians were grown up's who listened to the arguments of other's, what we have now is a sorry mess in comparison, basically children who spout buzz words for media attention.

Very few of todays politicians have ever had a real job, there are some exceptions but most have no idea what it's like for the average working Briton and that goes for both the major party's. I am not a Tory or a Labor supporter. Though I honestly think Gordon Brown would be doing a better job than Boris, at least that man was clearly intelligent and had principles and stuck to them even if I don't agree with some of them.

Perhaps I should keep my politics to myself, but were all grown up, reasonably intelligent people here on this forum so why not discuss such things.

Sorry if I came across as grumpy or arrogant yesterday Sidrick, it had been a long hot day and my fuse was somewhat shortened.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                            What's good about this discussion (and forum) is that both those in favour and against Brexit are fully united in their love and passion for all things S2 and will remain friends regardless
                            Well said Dave, and that's pretty much the point I try and make in my above post.

Comment

Adult discussion on the internet is a wonderful thing -we can disagree, but remain friends.... you know like people used to do before all this nonsense whereby you must be perfect that seems to have developed in recent years!

Just to say guys, really appreciate you all on here

Comment

Again, well said Peter.

I find the general atmosphere that's evolved due to social media usage and peer pressure highly disturbing, if everybody thought the same way the world would be a very, very boring place.

These day's if one has the courage of conviction to speak out often you are pounced upon by the wrong think police.

Sometimes quite literally... I'm quite certain they have better things to do than arrest people over mean Tweets!

Sure, if your genuinely inciting violence or hatred there's no place for that. However people do get taken into custody over the most stupid things. What a waste of time and precious resources, that we pay for.

Thankfully this forum does seem to be one last bastion of folk with common sense.

Okay, we don't all think the same way but at least we seem to able to talk about it without resorting to insults or personal attacks unlike so many other places I could mention.

Comment

Working...
                                X