Home garage inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post

That looks like a dream garage, wow I considered the PVC tiles but cost is a bit more than I'm prepared to spend, will most likely seal the concrete and put down few coats of garage floor paint.

Do you have a model / link for the LED lights you used? Plan is to fit 2 LED bars on each side with separate switches and 2 or 3 on the ceiling.
    The PVC tiles have gone up in price a lot since I bought them.
    I paid €7.20 euro per tile in 2020. They are €10.20 a piece now...

The LED bars should be something like the WT060C LED56S/840 PSU L1500.
    They come in different lengths.

JW
    | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
    | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

I'd go for three strip lights, one each side and one above the bench which I'd put across the entire width of the back of your garage, good vices are hard to come by second hand as anything any good weighs a ton and people won't send them as rule so be perpaired to drive a few miles for something good.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

As promised. (Not as good as the above though!)

Before empty.jpg
        Before full.jpg

empty.jpg

S2 only 2.jpg

Detailing.jpg

Two cars.jpg
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Warning: Water based garage floor paint is crap and just will not seal. I have not tried the two part epoxy ones mind you.

I am going for the PVC tiles once the front doors have been replaced with a single 4.5m wide sectional door...

I am adding 3ft to the front of it when the new door is installed, then the floor tiles and better lighting to complete my "Detailing Studio"!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Good thinking

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
              I'd go for three strip lights, one each side and one above the bench which I'd put across the entire width of the back of your garage, face expression changer good vices are hard to come by second hand as anything any good weighs a ton and people won't send them as rule so be perpaired to drive a few miles for something good. Sharp edge shop
              Good lighting is crucial
              Last edited by Robertbozic; 13 March 2024, 05:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbozic View Post
                Good lighting is crucial
                It is indeed, I have 11 large LED strip lights in my workshop and the walls and shelfing is all painted white to refelect that light. I also have a couple of small LED strip lights in my pit which make it about as nice to use as pit can be.

The floor will be getting a coat of industrial oil proof paint this summer, it's best done when it's hot.
                Last edited by K Simmonds; 2 February 2024, 07:25. Reason: Got the number of lights wrong!

Comment

As promised, here's my set up.

Please excuse the mess on the workbench but that's how I build a general use bench, the well in the middle is really useful. I also have one with a flat top the other side for jobs that need a large space to lay out components. You can't really see it in the first photo but as I have so a lot tof space I have a bench each side and my tool chest and MIG live in the middle.

The vice is a 60 year old Record which is great to use I also have a pre war Parkinson which is massive I'm restoring.

image_88666.jpg image_88866.jpg image_88868.jpg image_88869.jpg image_88867.jpg
                  Last edited by K Simmonds; 2 February 2024, 09:26.

Comment

Working...
                  X