Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chelsea got the ****** end of the stick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
    Ahh, football. Such a talented game.

Bunch of over paid tarts
    great clip and counldt agree more in the main. The game would improve massively if they went back to being paid like humans rather than gods.....might provide a bit of model behaviour to the kids flocking after them too at the same time.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Centralised computing, threatening to come back? Didn't think it ever went away... why do i feel that i'm a generation too young... "what do you mean before the calculator was invented? It's always been here!"
      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
        Jees Eric - how many anorak's do you have ?

I see your exaflop and raise you an optical switch !
        optical switches is that the best you telecomms lot have , I'll show my Ph.D and some patent numbers if you show me yours

Comment

I started on VAX box's too, some of them were probably older than me. One company i worked for decommissioned an ancient DEC system and replaced it with a SAP system running on an Alpha box with NT4. ....not the smartest investment
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
            my Dad was a DEC man for years.....i remember getting to see an Alpha pc and in those days they were mighty fast - actually did my work experience there too...completely forgot about that!
            we had an Alpha laptop around '94, but the 64's like to run warm and it was hard to keep em cool in a small box with a wee fan.

@Ross you're right nothin's changed in 50 years it either a "1" or a "0"

Comment

Originally posted by ericd View Post
              optical switches is that the best you telecomms lot have , I'll show my Ph.D and some patent numbers if you show me yours
              We haven't come out of the closet yet, but yes there is a whole tree of patents, and it is phookin clever. The new age of telecoms is upon us... Trust me - I'm not a doctor - but we have dozens of them here tickling photons - and the end result is quite special
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

we replaced our ICL systme with SAP in 98. the year i joined. on an NT4 platform then. the pentium pro eh.

now running an oracle cluster on an MS cluster on VMware so some things change even if not a lot.

there is still a counting machine here somewhere and i got a pristine sinclair cambridge here too. not that i remember the launch of either.

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                  We haven't come out of the closet yet, but yes there is a whole tree of patents, and it is phookin clever. The new age of telecoms is upon us... Trust me - I'm not a doctor - but we have dozens of them here tickling photons - and the end result is quite special
                  let me know when the IPO is then might be worth an investment, photons they're huge aren't they , I thought you had to kick them rather than tickle them to get them to move smartly

Comment

Working...
                  X