Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

morons in slower "fast" cars that wont take a hint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
    I think they're probably trying to get past you rather than race you and "trying their luck"

I can't imagine an A4 would put up much of a fight against a VXR or RS, i know my homefried s2 coupe struggled against a VXR, and managed to pass >1 lepton.
    It mustn't have been a standard vxr then. Upto reasonable speeds a VXR was pretty much the same with my standard S2...when i say pretty much i mean i was edging it.
    F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
    1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
      not in my experience, 40hp more and at 100mph weight has hardly anything to do with it
      its all about wind drag, my homefried avant easily pulls away from a vxr at 100,
      I think you must have been a long way from 280hp or the vxr was tuned.
      278hp S2 Avant, the Nurburgring VXR was owned by a friend who had not long collected it from the dealership, I'm not talking the usual internet rubbish, this was real world testing. This was a fair few years ago now but the Audi didn't mess about, the Astra wasn't quicker, he could just tail me, 4th gear pulls and I'd have the edge from 70mph but I couldn't get away from him.

If the Astra had been remapped then that is news to me, don't get me wrong I don't know the guy that well but as it was a new car I very much doubt it had been chipped.

Its the only thing that pains me about the S2, I've owned some quick death traps and annoyingly now I've grown up it really pisses me off when I come up against such cars and they give me a run for my money.

I'd say a S2 @ RS2 spec is what you want for a reasonably quick road car, a Homefried one by todays standards does simply not cut the mustard up against all the more modern jap machinery that is about, sad but true, it is however a HUGE improvement over standard though and I was more than happy with mine for a simple chip change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
        278hp S2 Avant, the Nurburgring VXR was owned by a friend who had not long collected it from the dealership, I'm not talking the usual internet rubbish, this was real world testing. This was a fair few years ago now but the Audi didn't mess about, the Astra wasn't quicker, he could just tail me, 4th gear pulls and I'd have the edge from 70mph but I couldn't get away from him.

Its the only thing that pains me about the S2, I've owned some quick death traps and annoyingly now I've grown up it really pisses me off when I come up against such cars and they give me a run for my money.

I'd say a S2 @ RS2 spec is what you want for a reasonably quick road car, a Homefried one by todays standards does simply not cut the mustard up against all the more modern jap machinery that is about, sad but true, it is however a HUGE improvement over standard though and I was more than happy with mine for a simple chip change.
        good thing i have just gone to tuned RS2 spec then

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
          good thing i have just gone to tuned RS2 spec then
          I have no doubt that will be a fast road car, I think thats the sort of area people should aim for as there are far too many 300+hp cars on the road these days.

Comment

I've done some very quick cars in the past, especially on the roundabouts and twisty bits. It's great having a fast car but a lot of drivers could do with some advanced driving tuition Love to see the look on their faces when they get done by an oldish geezer in an old motor.

Comment

The funy thing is that you get away a fiew km and you let the speed down and they stay again in your *** to see what the fxxx is writen in the corner of the trunk.Specialy the avants get them pxxxed off.

Comment

Working...
              X