Petition to keep green lanes open in Peak District

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to keep green lanes open in Peak District

Peak District National Park Authority are systematically closing green lanes in the National Park in an attempt to exclude all motorised transport from these ancient roads and byways. This move is driven by NIMBYs and Ramblers.
    My trail bike is my access to the countryside. They should not be allowed to exclude me.

I just signed the petition "Peak District National Park Authority: We call on the Peak District National Park Authority to stop imposing Traffic Regulation Orders on our Green Lanes" on Change.org.

Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...share_petition

Thanks!

John

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Signed and shared on Facebook

Comment

Ahhh, takes me back to the Suzuki SJ days.

Comment

swap the bike for some brasher superlites and jam butties.

Comment

Unfortunately, since breaking my heel back in 1992 I'm unable to walk serious distance on the lanes any more, my motorbike is my access to the countryside, the ramblers and NIMBYs want to take that away..

There are hundreds of thousands of miles of footpaths in the UK and just a few hundred miles of green roads. But they want it all.
          Last edited by newsh; 31 October 2013, 21:00.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
            Signed and shared on Facebook

Thanks mate

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Signed
              sigpic
              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                Unfortunately, since breaking my heel back in 1992 I'm unable to walk serious distance on the lanes any more, my motorbike is my access to the countryside, the ramblers and NIMBYs want to take that away..

There are hundreds of thousands of miles of footpaths in the UK and just a few hundred miles of green roads. But they want it all.
                They are probably the same people who wait until there is a stage rally about to start and then decide to exercise their 'right' to walk their dog across the stage...
                Audi S6

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

No problem signing this totally for the green lanes great fun in the Range Rover and for the people who want to stop people using green lanes for this just tell them to do one!! politely of course

Comment

Signed and shared. More people should try green laning, best on two wheels ofourse!
                    Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Same type of people that campaigned to put a speed limit on Lake Windermere. They had all the other lakes with a 10mph limit but it wasn't enough.

Ironically I hear there's been some great skiing this year as they have no longer been policing the lake due to lack of funds

Signed this one
                      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Signed!!

Comment

Signed
                          had to do it from a laptop as it wouldn't work from my phone.
                          One day I would like to do some green-laning.
                          Of-course i need a bike, trailer and tow-bar first. always fancied a KTM200exc for some enduro action.

Phil
                          95' 2.8E Coupe quattro pearl blue
                          97' A3 1.8T Sport Auto Silver

95' Yamaha FZR600R

Comment

Working...
                          X