• Time
  • Show
Clear All

High ways angency traffic officers
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

I getc the need for creepy crawlies as its all part of an ecological balance.
      cats! No that's pointless.

Comment

A huge house spider wandered into the office earlier. I noticed it going behind a bag on the floor, announced its presence (something like "look at the size of that b*stard"), shifted the bag, and the hysterics ensued. Just the girls mind. Can't say I'm arsed about spiders.... it's wasps that do me. Proper irrational phobia!!!

Comment

I've seen three fat, black house spiders today and they do seem bigger than usual

Time to wake the cat up I think as she's quite partial to a bit of torture before devouring them
          For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

hope you will all be thinking of me doing my milk round in the new forest in the middle of the night welst all the normal people are tucked up in a nice spider and daddy long leg free warm bed , my worst fear is when the massive hornets are attracted to the bedlight on the van, that makes the hairs on back of my neck stand on end, and they are still around due to such a long hot summer. was driving along once and relised one was in my cab,never jumped out of a milk float so quick ,but learnt the lesson not to leave cab door open in the dark

Comment

with Grippers above post they are bigger than normal and your right the cats do like to play with them

Having lived in West Africa for a few years spiders and dadies don't worry me at all but even now when i enter into long grass mostly as a fisherman i tread carefully as if i am about to bitten by a snake. I have seen my fair share of Vipers,black mamber's even killed them with a machete.

One day i needed help unbeknown to myself. I was 14 and sat on a pile of steel rods on a concrete base for some luxury flats next to our building and a black worker said don't move!!. I literally froze as instinctively i knew i was in trouble.the man slowly came towards me holding a steel rod as a spear and speared something past my left shoulder before i quickly scarpered.When i turned round there on the end of the steel rod was a 5ft long cobra still writhing even though it was speared right through it's head. Seriously that is not a joke it really happened and there is a photo of me standing next to this 5ft long Cobra after it had stopped wriggling!!

Daddies and spiders there just pussycats!
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Well we've got some of those humongous hornet wasp things round here, they come in at night if you leave a window open, it's like a lancaster bomber doing banked turns in the bedroom, except then they also fly like the aliens in close encounters, real fast so you don't see where they go, very un-nerving.. I was taking one on the other night armed with a can of killer and a rolled newspaper when it turned on me and I nearly shat myself, jumped right over the corner of the bed, caught a foot in the duvet and landed in a heap, got the ****er with the can of Bug-U-Dont-Like though and it was soon writhing on the floor in it's death throes.. Apparently they can still sting you to death (not fully dead like but nasty) for hours or weeks after they've snuffed it so double newspaper and in the bin, they really give me the **its
                Spiders and DDLLs I can just pick up and throw out the window no worries (unless the spider is a really big ****** that is, then its a glass and a sheet of paper and out in the garden, can't kill spiders as they look after the fly population for us) But those hornets **** me, kill them all!

Another one I was having a dog fight with in the hall, got it with the spray and it went down but it was faking the dive, I looked everywhere for it so I could double newspaper and stamp the **** out of it and it just wasn't there, convinced it was hiding in the coat rack, had all the jackets off there and looked up the sleeves, nothing, Mrs is giving me funny looks, I'm obsessed with finding it, in my mind it's somewhere withing a 6ft radius of where I last saw it it its death dive.. .. a couple of hours later the Mrs comes in say she's found it 60ft away at the other end of the house!
                Last edited by newsh; 23 September 2014, 21:59.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Speared cobra

Like this
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oh god wasps are the bane of my existence. I feel your pain newsh, just this weekend I had one fly into the bathroom just after I had stripped and chucked my clothes out ready for a shower, then ensued about 30 seconds (felt like 5 minutes) of frantic dodging and weaving trying to avoid the ****** as he tried to come at me. I was trapped in there as it wasn't my house and I didn't know who would be around! He wouldn't even stop man every time I dodged him he just swivelled and seemed to get angrier. I couldn't think properly so I kept trying to spray talc on it in the hopes it would get talc-logged and be unable to continue its destructive wrath.

In the end I copped it with a flannel and it went down the plughole much to my dismay. Couldn't have a relaxing shower then for fear of it rising from the bowels of the plumbing to get me.

I forgot to mention the wasp attack so I can't imagine their reaction to a talc-covered bathroom.
                    Jake

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Those tossing hornets ominously drone their way into my place on a fairly regular basis durring the summer, evil little jet powered helicopter B******s, they scare the crap out of me. I hate the way they dissapear behind curtains etc, I much rather deal with them, often with fire, or be sure they've pissed off back outside.

Somewhat irrationally I find May Bugs and large moth's almost as concerning.

Anything else native to this country doesn't bother me too much.
                      Last edited by K Simmonds; 23 September 2014, 22:32.
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Jesus, all this talk of hornets is making my skin crawl. Although I can't say we get them here in north notts. The odd big wasp but no proper hornets. I take it you're all down south?

Apparently we're soon to be invaded by Asian giant hornets. 3" long...!

Comment

more hornet tells

again on my milk round in the very early hours I used to deliver to a customer in some flats and sods law it was not the bottom floor, so to save time I used to go half up the stairs then lean threw the railings to put the milk bottle down and pick up the emptys . now and then there would be a note for extras ect,. on this night there was a note so as I was jogging back to the van I pulled out the note only to find a f- -k off big hornet on the other end of the note, that woke me up.. But my best hornet story is welst out around 10yrs ago with a couple of mates at a country pub having a few beers . we were stood at the bar, the pub full of people eating . I had noticed an old face a local chap called Borg known for not to be messed around with 6ft.4 you get the picture. suddenly there was a commotion with people running away from tables and woman making a racket. Borg just grabbed a news paper and started chasing this realy big hornet around the pub , he smacked it one it dissaperd the people cheered , the hornet re-apeered and you could see the what the f- - ck sort of look on borgs face,. no problem it landed on one of the oak beams on the ceilng, smack he got it full on and even pushed the news paper hard a gainst the beam . everyone was watching , the pub was silent , Borg pulled the news paper away we all expected the beast to drop to the floor , but to everyones amazement the hornet seemed total unharmed , and to add insult to injury it just flew off and went into a small gap in another oak beam never to be seen again

Comment

Working...
                          X