Photobucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket

I got an email today to say they've changed their T&C's so that third party hosting is no longer available unless I pay them $400 per year

So that's 10years of build thread along with other usefull info threads that now have no pictures, great
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

wow. is that a standard thing...i have a ton of stuff there and they are dead easy to handle pasting to forum posts etc...not good
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

From what I've read from a Google search, if you've not had the email, it's only a matter of time.

http://photobucket.com/pricing
      sigpic

Comment

worst site that i've ever used, the ad's are getting out of hand and I've told them a few times about it. I closed my account recently because of it

Comment

Yeah the ads are pretty horrendous and in your face but I just logged on and it said I'm using 3.5GB of a free 10GB storage allowance (2GB initial & 8GB reward, apparently) then it says it's $5.99 per month or $59.99 per year for 60GB or $9.99/mo or $99.99/yr for 110GB... not sure why there was no £ option. I really don't like using it but it seems the easiest way to get photos up onto other sites.
          RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
          RS2 - LHD on the road again
          RS2 - reduced to component parts
          RS2 Saloon replica
          A4 1.8T
          BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
          sigpic

Comment

****ing c&*ts have disabled all my links - not even bothered to contact me about it. Just demanded money. Well they can go **** themselves - any recommendations for a good free hosting site?
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Same here!! All my posts including my Mental Wheels write up, down the drain and they want, wait for it... $399.99 for the year to reinstate!!! Are they high on drugs????
              RS2 Saloon replica
              A4 1.8T
              sigpic

Comment

I normally use flickr
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeah I was just looking at flickr, didn't seem to be quite as user friendly when it came to grabbing the urls. Was going to look at Google Photos and some sites called Imgur, 500px and a few others. Man, what a chore, Photobucket are complete d1cks!!

...Google Photos seems relatively hassle free, but requires a few clicks to copy a url to the clipboard, the cool thing about Photobucket was that there was a single button at the side of the image you just had to click once and bang, it was copied.
                  Last edited by cardcrash; 2 July 2017, 20:54.
                  RS2 Saloon replica
                  A4 1.8T
                  sigpic

Comment

I downloaded my entire account last night, but I've got 1300pics to re-link when I find a new host And even then, I've got to remember what goes where, FML!
                    sigpic

Comment

Tell me about it!! I'm really not sure I've got it in me to do the re-linking. But if it comes to putting up new pictures I think I'll try using Google Photos. I'm gonna delete my Photobucket account now and when it comes to stating why, well I'm sure I'll find something colourful to say...

edit: ah crap, it won't let me delete the account. I click 'delete account' and nothing happens. Well another advert popped up, just another reason I want to delete it! Infuriating!!
                      RS2 Saloon replica
                      A4 1.8T
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've used dropbox for all my online stuff, now this year, they stated no more public files... ok. Now I updated one of my forum threads and put all my images on imgbb.com. Not sure how long they will 'live' there. The worst part of this is like you guys mentioned, remembering what photo and where to post/update and etc.

Comment

Found out on one of my shooting forums when we all discovered our accounts had gone to ****. Bizarrely, I didn't receive any email at all, let alone any warning that something might happen.

I guess this is their underhand way of extorting money from people who have used the site to store valuable data they don't have stored elsewhere. ****s indeed.

To be honest, it is annoying but photobucket is up there as the holy crap pot of all websites. I find it unbearingly annoying and will not miss it.

Comment

I haven't used photbucket . I bet your find that all the other people hosting these sites will go the same way. When it's down to making a few quid things change. They'll wait and see what happens. How many people leave and how many stay. It's unfair to hold people to ransom with things like this. Sorry to hear about the problem. Good luck sorting it out fella regards Lynn.
                            Last edited by LSG; 3 July 2017, 11:26.

Comment

Well I managed to delete my account and selected the "I am unhappy with the services that Photobucket provides" option as the reason and added the following comment:

"The invasive adverts are out of control and now all the links to photos I've put up on many forum posts that have taken a great deal of time and energy have been cut and you're asking for a great deal of money to reinstate them. This is nothing short of extortion and I will not submit to it."

C*nts!! :corey::corey::corey::corey::corey::corey:
                              RS2 Saloon replica
                              A4 1.8T
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X