Tempting RS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempting RS4

Hmmm, really shouldn't but even with the mileage and belts needing doing this could be a goodun. Buy it, stick it straight in for the work and get a few "extras" done at the same time. Lotta car for the money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-Audi-...UAAOSw5SZZjeRd

That is alot of car for the money. Factor in a bit of spend on maintenance and could be a good one to get
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Do it. Great cars when running right. Cambelt is an easy task on these. With in the realms of a diy job. I have the locking tools.

Comment

Sounds too expensive for that year and mileage and not even a V8. Keep looking, for a better deal...

Comment

I personally think they are a better car than the next platform V8. I also miss forced induction ha ha. The low cost of it means you could budget another 5k at least for service and maintenance in the first year to counter the ageing issues. Solid cars and only gonna go one way in value i reckon.

Comment

That's 12k, when for another 3, you could find a TTrs, a much more interesting car. Sorry, but nothing remarkable about that at all. A typical anodyne Audi...

Comment

I like this for half the money.....ok not an RS but looks nice.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Audi-...AAAOSwXY5ZQWB4

Comment

That's more like it. Fsh, thousands fewer miles and half the price. If you want something interesting, bide your time and go see as many as you can :-). Spent a year looking for an S2 and probably looked at 7 or 8, though far thicker on the ground in 1999...

Comment

How about this, 450bhp and some work done on it already: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-AUDI-...MAAOSwvk9Zfu1Z

Comment

The B5 RS4 is very special, an amazing car to drive, more exciting than the later V8s although not as good in the chassis dept.
                    That car may need cams and valve timing actuators, turbos, gearbox, full suspension refresh etc..
                    Values are going up though, it will become a collectors car.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with Newsh. Then again we both own one. I paid 9.5 for mine and have spent maybe 3k on cambelt, front rear suspension rebuilds all new wheel beatings and numersous sensors inc EGT (huge performanxe difference) and the secondry air injection system. Im lucky though as mine is exceptionally clean and relatively low miles. The previous owner had maintained it to a good standard. I just took it much further. Its an awesome car thats climbing in value. Looking at currebt sales id conservatively place mine at 18k.
                      My only criticism is the brakes arent really that good when you push the car hard. That said i rarely do as i dont want to damage it. I considered upgrades but the money seems to be in OE with these.

Comment

The B7 brakes are an easy fit and the discs are cheaper, you can put away the stock stuff for when you sell it.
                        Mine still has less than 100k on it.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Interesting thread. I'm just not really into estates of any kind, though would probably make an exception for an RS2, if they were still affordable. Just like compact coupes really. That V8 is superb though and there's no substitute for cubic inches. They are not turbo, which probably means instant throttle response. Long term aim is to keep the S2 indefinately, but if the values rise enough, a TTrs looks like an ideal substitute at similar money. 5 pot motor as well. How good are they ?...

Comment

Originally posted by Tridac View Post
                            Interesting thread. I'm just not really into estates of any kind, though would probably make an exception for an RS2, if they were still affordable. Just like compact coupes really. That V8 is superb though and there's no substitute for cubic inches. They are not turbo, which probably means instant throttle response. Long term aim is to keep the S2 indefinately, but if the values rise enough, a TTrs looks like an ideal substitute at similar money. 5 pot motor as well. How good are they ?...
                            I like the B5 RS4 - it's an iconic model, hence the rising value, although my RS2 is enough historic Audi for me. Ok, I'd have an S1 rep too...

I'd see this as a good opportunity to buy in an iconic Audi RS model that is probably not going to cost you over it's ownership once you sell it. I had a C5 RS6 for a couple of years - similar position, bottomed out value and not really losing money. But it cost a fortune to run over that time. I don't regret it though, I miss that car.

I bought a TTRS earlier this year - I missed driving a proper petrol engine (missus Golf R doesn't count). I see it as a worthy successor to the S2. Based on a slightly compromised chassis, but with a phenomenal 5-pot engine and responds well to a bit of tweaking. I got the S-tronic gearbox as this is a daily driver for me, and it's awesome. Remapped to 430hp on the stock turbo it's pretty mental, 0-60 in mid 3's and 0-100 at 8s, but a comfortable place on a long run with mid 30s mpg. I've fitted track discs and pads, it needs a bit of work on the suspension and then it's done. A hybrid turbo and trip to MRC = 520hp so maybe in the future...
                            AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

When I was looking at RS4 the thing that put me off was serving /running costs. Flaming mental car I do love how they look. I looked at RS2,s but don't like the rear end of the car. I went for the S2 aby and very happy with it. Having said that I do still find it hard when I see RS4b5 not to run out and buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X