Alternator Adjuster group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator Adjuster group buy

Hi peeps anyone know what happened to the adjuster that was being made as a group buy, can't find it on a search and can't remember who was making it but defo put my name down and was looking forward to getting hold of one

I made one, but there was only a couple of people interested so not worth the time. Mostly down to chemi blacking the parts rather than painting but I could do unpainted ones a bit easier. Trouble is it's just not worth getting all the bits and getting stuff welded etc for one or two, unless they are expensive. I'd have to look up the costs again too as it was a while ago.

Comment

Thought there was quite a bit of interest is it worth putting it up seeing how it goes? how many do you need to have to make it worth while

Comment

Could you just 3d print one? With some Carbon Reinforced Plastic ?

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing the photos of finished product.

Comment

Not sure if I have any pictures to hand, but I can take some. There isn't really a minimum amount but it's just an economy of scale. The main cost is in getting the body chemi blacked. I could paint them for peanuts but the paint will chip off etc. It tends to chip off as soon as you put a spanner on it, like mine did.

I've got a busy week but I will try to re cost it and post something back here. I'm happy to do them and send unpainted, painted etc depends what people want.

Comment

whats the advantage of these? sorry i am new to the i5 engines

Comment

Some pics of what I did in this thread. The advantage is they are a much nicer setup and many of the OEM adjusters are crusty and have stripped teeth making tensioning difficult. I made mine fit and forget in stainless with GRP rod end = no rust. I can make a batch of these if there is enough interest but they are not cheap to do nicely - about £60 each. Can do an all-stainless version with 316 rod ends for about £85.
                The trouble is unfortunately many S2 owners have Champagne taste and White Lightening budget

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...end-turnbuckle

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Stainless is definitely the nicer option but comes with the cost. I did mine in steel and painted but some has chipped off with the spanner etc. It's a far better solution than the stock adjuster. But as you say alex it's not cheap.

Comment

i would be intrested in stainless

Comment

Interested in a stainless one

Comment

Working...
                      X