No announcement yet.

snow fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always just used the difflock to get myself out of very dodgy ground conditions, very briefly, and obviously at low speed and little power involved, but as soon as the car got going properly then I knocked the 'lock off- job done.

Comment

PS in my experience of driving many different 4x4s for work and play, in all conditions... I'm so impressed with both CQs and S2s in the snow/ ice- they've have been incredibly capable..even climbing up quite steep slopes with black ice (sometimes with not very good tyres!)...the Audis excelled but less weight to cope with helps ...it's only lack of ground clearance that has stopped progress in the snow.

Comment

rear difflock makes it a tail happy car, but rather unstable as well. the S2 (and other quattro's with torsen center dif) are truely excelent on snow, so easy to balance, big improvement over the open dif. and no ESP to get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
          plenty of snow here today. now waiting for all those idiots with fwd cars on summertyres to make it home, so I can enjoy the road.
          so we have:
          - snow
          - quattro
          - winter tyres
          - BMW in the next lane disappearing in the mirror....
          yes, life is good sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
            so we have:
            - snow
            - quattro
            - winter tyres
            - BMW in the next lane disappearing in the mirror....
            yes, life is good sometimes
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Yeah, no need for difflock in the snow, it is designed for sub-8mph only really, to get you out of a hole if you are hung up (read the owners manual!) .

It also cuts out automatically at 8mph, for those that haven't disabled it

Comment

i tried diff lock on and off in the Snow mainly when I had to start off on a hill. I thought mine disengaged at around 20mph but not to worry, it seems there is nothing out of the ordinary going on :-)

Comment

Working...
                X