RS2 auxillary cooling rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 auxillary cooling rad

Can anyone advise me of the part number of the auxillary radiator mounted just inside the front grill of the RS2. This has been removed in my car in a previous upgrade? and I wonder why. I have been told told that this is often done, but it is obvious that the engine bay does not look "stock"
    Thanks
    Don
    Cheers
    Don
    ---------------------
    Everything in perfect working order

They are on eBay and you can get all ally replacements too not cheep though don't know part numbers sorry

Comment

https://www.carcooling.co.uk/car-coo...-aux-radiator/

Comment

In my car, my aux rad is also taken away. Why some people take those away? Does those rads make improvements in track day cooling?

Comment

Part number should be 895121251
          5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

I cant see the RS2 aux rad on there but if you look around you might find this one handy

https://www.carcooling.co.uk/aux-rad...8-23mm-1aai391

Comment

Top row second one along

Comment

So it is, sorry I couldnt see the tree for the woods

Comment

another option:

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...iators?t=73067

Attached Files
                  Last edited by sailaz; 25 January 2018, 01:41. Reason: photos uploaded

Comment

Thanks for all comments guys.
                    Anyone know why these rads are often deleted?
                    Don
                    Cheers
                    Don
                    ---------------------
                    Everything in perfect working order

Comment

they are not needed in our climate. i removed mine many years ago.

basically cap the pipe to the top of the rad on the front. and get a 7a non aux water hose from pump to radiator.

it makes life easier from a working on it prospective and saves loads o cash replacing it.

Comment

I needed to replace mine but being in Canada the cost was way too high. I ended up using one from a Coupe Quattro with the 7A. The mounting points are the same but the surface area is just a bit less. Being in Canada I figured I could get away with a little less cooling efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On mine I've found 7A aux rad as well but I'll be changing both, doesn't matter that in summer we get +25 C only for few days )))))

Attached Files

Comment

Does aux rad helps in track for cooling or it is to small to make any difference?

Comment

Makes no difference road or track, unless you live in a really hot climate. Far better getting a large alloy rad / better fan / water wetter / waterless coolant.

They tend to get removed as being in the front of the bay, they get danaged and corrode easily, add to that a near £200 pricetag from Audi and the fact they do nothing and it doesn't make sense for most people to replace. Improved airflow to the intake, easier access to work on the engine and less pipework to worry about are bonuses too.

You can run 7A radiator and lower hose to properly finish the delete but most don't bother.
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                              X