Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headliner removal - Clips around glass sunroof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headliner removal - Clips around glass sunroof?

Just trying to remove headlining from Coupe with a glass sunroof, please can someone tell me if the plastic surround for hole in headlining is just clipped to the sunroof opening, seems very firmly stuck. Cheers.

Originally posted by MARKMIDGE View Post
    Just trying to remove headlining from Coupe with a glass sunroof, please can someone tell me if the plastic surround for hole in headlining is just clipped to the sunroof opening, seems very firmly stuck. Cheers.
    There are clips at the edge (see diagram below). Open sunroof. Locate clips. Use 1" putty knife between clip and metal opening. Quick rap on end of putty knife. Caution: If you don't get the putty knife between the clip and the metal opening but just on the clip, you will rip the headliner away from the clip.

Don't ask why I know this. It was the first one.

I got the rest off okay.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Awesome, cheers for quick reply, everything I need to know, many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKMIDGE View Post
        Awesome, cheers for quick reply, everything I need to know, many thanks.
        You're welcome. Although I still check out the S2Forum first thing in my morning, I don't participate in any threads here (or on quattroworld for that matter) that are more debates than ones with or looking for definitive answers. Your post was one that I had a clear BTDT answer, so I replied. I've been spending more time on a forum that is for 1955-61 Chrysler products where I am a noob with a 1956 Dodge Custom Royal D500 with a 260 hp 315 cu. in. hemi and, as often as not, looking for answers not providing them. Welcome change for me.

DaveFAndHis56DodgeCustomRoyalD500Nov5_2017_1.jpgDaveFsD500EngineWithFaked315HemiHeadVinylSticker.jpgDForgies56CRD500Sept14_2017_3.jpg
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Great car Dave!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Lovely
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

That looks very nice, can see some serious hours have gone into that. Headliner out, no dramas or breakage but more and more NLA headaches.

Comment

Hi Dave have you had the motor very long. It,s very cool, such a big old car I guess it gets a lot of attention when your out and about. Thanks for showing it off.. Kind regards Lynn

Comment

Alright Guys

Started my coupe headlining removal today with a glass sunroof. Currently at the stage of slowly peeling the headlining away but what's the crack with the headlining being fixed to the plastic sunroof trim?

People mention some clips that have to be removed to allow removal of the headlining but I'm not seeing any.

With the glass sunroof panel out, I thought I would see some obvious clips that need removing but so far nothing.

Any help or pics much appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Wiggle something flat in between the headlining and the trim and lever. The clips hold on quite strongly. Try to feel for where the clip is and lever right there.
                    An old butter knife or a flat trim pry tool should do it.
                    IIRC the clips stay attached to the headlining.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, i must have been looking at the wrong part. Ok cool, i'll head out for another look and see how i get on. Cheers mucker.

Comment

That worked a treat

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X