Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii maps

Hi guys

Long time since I’ve posted. I got married last year and due to a lack of holiday allowance from work we are having our honeymoon in 7 weeks time. We are off to Oahu and main island, Hawaii for 2 weeks and are hiring a car.

I dont suppose anyone has any experience and can advise on any decent maps we should be getting to aid our driving around whilst out there? (We are hiring a car) or better still, if anyone has a map we could buy or borrow for our time away that you may have found useful at all but no longer need?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    chris

Either island, there is NOT much for roads. The maps that the car rental company has and gives you for free will suffice. Trust me. BTDT. No biggy. Just don't go off pavement. Your insurance will be void if there is damage to the vehicle.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I might not worry so much about a map now then. I’d already heard about the off-road bit through an advice site of things to do out there. Really looking forward to it

Comment

Experience? Yes. Don’t marry :-D

Related to your rental car, I made great experience with booking at my local automotive club (ADAC in Germany) and for damage insurance I booked everything with my creditcard. There I don’t have to pay anything when I scrap the car :-D

Other point you should overthink - for what you need a car in your honeymoon?
        Sure you will find the way out of the bed room? ;-)

Comment

Google maps on your phone will do.

Please ride a wave for me one of my dreams.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Cheers John, will do. I’m not sure my phone will last. It’s kinda decrepit now and battery doesn’t last to long lol. Still, will give it a go!

Comment

ive never been but my inlaws just went, and they got a car and said they didn't even use it.... I wouldn't bother

Comment

they were mainly Oahu

Comment

Unfortunately I’m into surfing so want to hit a few locations around the island hence the car hire. Also when we head to the main island I know there’s a few places my wife wants to go... again the car. I hope not to need to use it to often but would rather have it in case than to want to go somewhere and not be able to. I however wanted to rent a motorbike but the Mrs wasn’t having any of it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski
                    Unfortunately I’m into surfing
                    Nothing unfortunate about that mate

Are you taking a board? Easy enough to hire though I’d guess.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

They used public transport and seemed fine. Either way im sure it will be a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Nothing unfortunate about that mate

Are you taking a board? Easy enough to hire though I’d guess.
                        Nah, I’m gonna hire one out there and look around at some to maybe bring one home lol. Taking a padded board bag with me just in case lol

Comment

Travel recommendation especially for Google Maps - download the area offline to avoid roaming charges as they can be quite costly.
                          1991 S2
                          2003 RS6

Comment

Originally posted by fbatwork View Post
                            Travel recommendation especially for Google Maps - download the area offline to avoid roaming charges as they can be quite costly.
                            Ahh that’s a good idea I hadn’t thought of. Will look into that for iPhone

Comment

Working...
                            X