Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not selling the Avant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not selling the Avant

    Some may recall my post recently where I mentioned possibly wanting to sell my Avant due to not using it! Many folk had said "keep it". Of course you were right!

    Well... I washed it one sunny morning (6.30am) and took it for a spirited drive and have decided to definitely keep it. They are awesome

    The less you use them the quicker they seem I think! I've done pretty much everything that it might need mechanically (clutch, belts, all subframes refreshed, new bushes, huge brakes etc) so I'm going to do a few thousand miles a year in it - Maybe make a show or two. Its booked in for a full detail and protective coating in the next couple of weeks.

    Attached Files

  • #2
    Looking grand !

    Comment


    • #3
      Good choice they are only going up in value too

      Comment


      • #4
        There is true virtue in being somewhat practical looking.
        This is the advantage of being able to look like you're perhaps just going for groceries. The late actor/driver Paul Newman's favourite commuter-car was apparently an old RWD Volvo wagon with a Ford V8 transplant. The whole idea being to not look or sound like one could possibly do anything socially reprehensible. Yards of torque, steering assist under your right foot; and a cloak of invisibility. What's not to like?

        Comment


        • #5
          Agreed, best hang on to it. Especially your nice one. What wheels are those?
          Eric

          95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
            There is true virtue in being somewhat practical looking.
            This is the advantage of being able to look like you're perhaps just going for groceries. The late actor/driver Paul Newman's favourite commuter-car was apparently an old RWD Volvo wagon with a Ford V8 transplant. The whole idea being to not look or sound like one could possibly do anything socially reprehensible. Yards of torque, steering assist under your right foot; and a cloak of invisibility. What's not to like?
            Ha ha - Yeah I love the sleeper look. When I had the lower half painted the badges came off the back and I never put them back on, so when I fly past only a few folk have any idea what it is.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
              Agreed, best hang on to it. Especially your nice one. What wheels are those?
              They are BBS rims. An upgrade option for later Audis. I picked them up for a steal years ago. Chap told me they were something stupid like a £1500 option!
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Trist28 View Post

                They are BBS rims. An upgrade option for later Audis. I picked them up for a steal years ago. Chap told me they were something stupid like a £1500 option!
                Thanks, I dont recall seeing them before. I really like the chunky look of them.

                There is also something weird with this thread, its not correctly showing the last commenters name. Weird
                Eric

                95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I met up with Tristan today and he very kindly took me for a drive in this very special car! I can confirm that it goes as well as it looks. I'm sure it was a brief moment of madness when he considered selling and I can confirm by the huge grin on his face as we 'tested' Shell's best available high octane car juice that this momentary lapse of reason has passed! "Astoria 1987"
                  Last edited by Tractor Dave; 4th July 2018, 21:58.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant in restoration

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It took me year to get round to it but I did actually get it properly polished and detailed. Images below... Now fan is fixed I best get to a show or meet this year!


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wow.. looks like a tinted mirror! Very nice.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Liking the pictures.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Having had a really good look over this car yesterday, I must say it's truely one of the very best examples out there. Stunning!
                          Nothelle S2 Avant in restoration

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X