Not selling the Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not selling the Avant

Some may recall my post recently where I mentioned possibly wanting to sell my Avant due to not using it! Many folk had said "keep it". Of course you were right!

Well... I washed it one sunny morning (6.30am) and took it for a spirited drive and have decided to definitely keep it. They are awesome

The less you use them the quicker they seem I think! I've done pretty much everything that it might need mechanically (clutch, belts, all subframes refreshed, new bushes, huge brakes etc) so I'm going to do a few thousand miles a year in it - Maybe make a show or two. Its booked in for a full detail and protective coating in the next couple of weeks.

Attached Files

Looking grand !

Comment

Good choice they are only going up in value too

Comment

There is true virtue in being somewhat practical looking.
        This is the advantage of being able to look like you're perhaps just going for groceries. The late actor/driver Paul Newman's favourite commuter-car was apparently an old RWD Volvo wagon with a Ford V8 transplant. The whole idea being to not look or sound like one could possibly do anything socially reprehensible. Yards of torque, steering assist under your right foot; and a cloak of invisibility. What's not to like?

Comment

Agreed, best hang on to it. Especially your nice one. What wheels are those?
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
            There is true virtue in being somewhat practical looking.
            This is the advantage of being able to look like you're perhaps just going for groceries. The late actor/driver Paul Newman's favourite commuter-car was apparently an old RWD Volvo wagon with a Ford V8 transplant. The whole idea being to not look or sound like one could possibly do anything socially reprehensible. Yards of torque, steering assist under your right foot; and a cloak of invisibility. What's not to like?
            Ha ha - Yeah I love the sleeper look. When I had the lower half painted the badges came off the back and I never put them back on, so when I fly past only a few folk have any idea what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
              Agreed, best hang on to it. Especially your nice one. What wheels are those?
              They are BBS rims. An upgrade option for later Audis. I picked them up for a steal years ago. Chap told me they were something stupid like a £1500 option!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trist28 View Post

They are BBS rims. An upgrade option for later Audis. I picked them up for a steal years ago. Chap told me they were something stupid like a £1500 option!
                Thanks, I dont recall seeing them before. I really like the chunky look of them.

There is also something weird with this thread, its not correctly showing the last commenters name. Weird
                Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

I met up with Tristan today and he very kindly took me for a drive in this very special car! I can confirm that it goes as well as it looks. I'm sure it was a brief moment of madness when he considered selling and I can confirm by the huge grin on his face as we 'tested' Shell's best available high octane car juice that this momentary lapse of reason has passed! "Astoria 1987"
                  Last edited by Tractor Dave; 4 July 2018, 22:58.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

It took me year to get round to it but I did actually get it properly polished and detailed. Images below... Now fan is fixed I best get to a show or meet this year!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 20 photos.

Comment

Wow.. looks like a tinted mirror! Very nice.

Comment

Liking the pictures.

Comment

Having had a really good look over this car yesterday, I must say it's truely one of the very best examples out there. Stunning!
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                          X