Need some help identifying this turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help identifying this turbo

I picked up a Porsche upgrade turbo the other day, and I need some help identifying what it is. As you will see in the pics, it has ITS on the compressor housing. It uses a replica #8 housing, which has an almost 2.5" out. The compressor wheel measures 76mm/57.8mm, the turbine measures 70.78mm/61.5mm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ITS T58 (GT58) With KKK exhaust. ITS=Innovative Turbo Systems. Don't think they exists any more, but not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ View Post
      ITS T58 (GT58) With KKK exhaust. ITS=Innovative Turbo Systems. Don't think they exists any more, but not 100% sure.
      Thank you for the response. I'm wondering now if this is too big for my 10vt.

Comment

Originally posted by De80q View Post

Thank you for the response. I'm wondering now if this is too big for my 10vt.
        Depend of what your HP goal is? This is a 600hp turbo so I quess you need E85 or race fuel on a 10vT to make full use of it.

Comment

Yes very interesting. It looks like the center section is still old KKK so you probably won't need an oil restrictor at least.

Comment

Audi_CQ, I've been discussing this turbo with a few other people, and I'm being told it is probably too big for my setup. I have a factory placement tube manifold in the works, so when that goes on, I'll give this turbo a try. I do plan to run E85 eventually, but my car has been a pretty slow build.

running_cold924, I'm really not sure what center this turbo is running. It looks to me like an older style turbonetics, but I guess I'll find out. I need to pull out my old K26 center and see what seems to match.

Comment

Originally posted by running_cold924 View Post
              It looks like the center section is still old KKK.
              Arguable. There is a bolt, fastening compressor plate to center section, none of old KKK-s I know had such.

Comment

Ah! I see what you mean now. I missed that little guy.

Comment

IMG_20180820_170126401.jpg
                  IMG_20180820_170003357_HDR.jpgIMG_20180820_165835639.jpgIMG_20180820_165812175.jpg
                  these pictures are for comparison. The clean turbine housing is a factory Audi K26. The small compressor housing is from a Porsche K26/6. I don't know if there is a difference between the Porsche compressor housing and the Audi one, as I haven't had one to compare in quite sometime.

Comment

Working...
                  X