Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 plans

Hi Guys,

Just trying to get some ideas as my preferred choice of exhaust manufacturer are too busy to be able to make me one - I’m glad in a way because it means they’ve got work! Any decent recommendations, and is it best for 3 inch down pipe, as well as 3 inch system - sports cat & exhaust manifold?

On my TT I have Bilstein B14 coilovers, for the S2 I did see KW anyone have any experience of them?

Alloys I like the OEM Avus style was looking for S8 ones to match - do I need spacers, or are the S6 ones better - prefer 18’s.

Remap I know isn’t possible so would have to be a chip - best one to go for with?

Depending where abouts you are in country I use my local Exaust fabricator they make very good custom exausts systems,turbo manifolds,in mandrel bends fully tig welded top gear performance Doncaster.

Comment

Thanks for the reply I’m in the West Midlands

Comment

PTR Exhausts in Brackley are highly recommended by me

Comment

its PTR exhausts for me too

Comment

thanks I’ll drop them an email see what they can offer - am I right thinking 3 inch system including down pipe, 100 cell sports cat? Do I need to upgrade exhaust manifold?

Comment

depends what your aim is? you dont have to change manifold. i would go 3 inch complete system.

Comment

A useable everyday car, with a bit of extra poke - not aiming for numbers or huge power, there wouldn’t be anymore mods after that

Comment

Then I would not bother to spend money for EM.just get 3" all the way from turbo .

Comment

Ive sent PTR an email hopefully they reply.

Coilover wise what’s the general consensus I see KW one of the only ones been offered.

Chip wise where can I get one - I’ve seen MTM, but not sure who would fit it.

silicon hoses - original rubber will be 20+ years old, best brand, Ive got forge on my TT but they don’t make any for S2?

Thanks

Comment

Roose Motorsport do silicone boost and water hose kits,I'd try to source another ecu thats been chipped already by PRJ or Paul,at least you end up with a spare ecu and trustworthy map,probably the same cost as well by you the time you factor in fitting etc
                      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Working...
                      X