Locked keys in car...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
    Good call. I used my metal coat hanger that I had been using to fish the keys from the barrel. Just took me less than a minute and the door opened
    Sorry for being stupid, do I get you right that you used your coathanger to hook the recessed button up?
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

In essence I had a loop in the end and in the same way as the packing strap works I pulled toward the rear of the car and up. Causing enough friction/grip to lift the pin.
      i assume the reason why the coupe had flush fitting door pins was to stop a pry in with the frameless glass.

Comment

Well done!
        1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
        2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
        2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Is it wise to post publicly how to gain entry without a key?

Comment

I have a flaming great dent in my 10v 2.3 coupe door coz someone throw a rock to break the window and missed Although your be happy to hear the second attempt they broke the window and stole what they wanted. Somehow I wish they had read this post would have saved me some time and money. If some want to get in your car they will

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
              Although your be happy to hear the second attempt they broke the window and stole what they wanted.
              Why would I be happy to hear that?

Comment

Mate it wasn't directed at you

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                  Is it wise to post publicly how to gain entry without a key?
                  The crooks don't use this method as it takes too long and you are standing around obviously like a sore thumb.
                  ​​​​​​They know exactly where to punch a sharp screwdriver through your door skin to activate the mechanism and don't care what damage they cause!
                  Nothelle S2 Avant in restoration

Comment

I'm a Police officer. Rarely do I go to theft from vehicles now. More likely as suggested a window will be put through anyway.
                    These days vehicle crime circulates around burglaries for performance cars.. I would never own a Golf R put it that way.

Comment

I've never managed get the knack of the coat hanger.
                      The packing strap is ok on interior door handle and the air bag helps.
                      was in a rush once so just did the window.
                      Flaming hard glass!

Comment

I would rather replace it then to repair it with the help of locksmith.

Comment

Working...
                        X