Sunroof headlining removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof headlining removal

Hi all, today Ive removed my headlining on my s2 ,Im struggling to get the headlining off the sunroof please can anyone advise on how this is taken off

Lots of elbow grease

But seriously, it's horrible stuff. A good scraper and take your time as it's easy to damage. I tried all sorts of solvents to no avail.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I think there are 2 clips in the front that you have to turn 90º to remove it by sliding it but since Ive done it so many moons ago I´m not sure how it works, I know you have to be estra carefull not to break stuff and there is info somewhere in the forum, try using the search function!

Comment

Sorry, I must understood your question. It is held by clips. You push it forward. Check my rebuild thread as I included pics of the clips. There is also a how to thread here if you search for it.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Slide the roof back a little so you can get your fingers above the lining, there are two double prong clips which hold onto square posts on the moving panel. If you spread the prongs a little you can then slide the liner back

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for advise ill hopefully get chance this week to remove, then for a retrim

Comment

By the way... The solvent you need for the horrible sticky orange goop... Is water....
              Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
              S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
              '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Guys, i have the same issue, i cant remove hat roof panel out..I have roof panel free to move and closed sunroof...Any thoughts? thanks
                Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Its done
                  Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Working...
                  X