Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell my S2 and buy an B7 RS4 - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is also the idea, which everyday becomes less unlikely, that the larger engined cars will suddenly become less valuable first.

It may then prove to be good planning to have a relatively more modestly motored super-car, in a more regulated environment that surely must be coming, and which will no doubt seek to seriously curb our enthusiasm for profligate consumption of hydro-carbons.

Our trajectory of collective inaction on that score and the consequences of same will bring us to some point where penalties are bound to be disproportionately imposed on larger displacement vehicles first.

Comment

Hi Steve DEFINITELY don’t sell your gorgeous S2 it’s one of the nicest on the forum!! I have for years wanted a c5 RS6 saloon but running costs for when things not if but when things go wrong are so bloody expensive. So I have been looking hard and low and pick up my new toy tomorrow and am replacing my lovely c6 A6 3L Le Mans saloon 58 plate with an amazing 13 plate A6 3L bi turbo tdi 313bhp amazing power and torque yet put it into economy and it’s not bad done my research and I would think resale values should be ok. All I say is look at all the people who have had itchy feet done the change and regretted it nearly straight away - loads lol!! Also when you go out in the S2 how many people have double takes when your driving along or people come up to you and talk about your car!!?? My wife and even me still get surprised how many people do with ours.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
        Hi Steve DEFINITELY don’t sell your gorgeous S2 it’s one of the nicest on the forum!! I have for years wanted a c5 RS6 saloon but running costs for when things not if but when things go wrong are so bloody expensive. So I have been looking hard and low and pick up my new toy tomorrow and am replacing my lovely c6 A6 3L Le Mans saloon 58 plate with an amazing 13 plate A6 3L bi turbo tdi 313bhp amazing power and torque yet put it into economy and it’s not bad done my research and I would think resale values should be ok. All I say is look at all the people who have had itchy feet done the change and regretted it nearly straight away - loads lol!! Also when you go out in the S2 how many people have double takes when your driving along or people come up to you and talk about your car!!?? My wife and even me still get surprised how many people do with ours.
        Yeah I know. I have said exactly the same thing to myself. I know you are right about regretting it too, I have also witnessed many member regreting a sale of an S2! I must be having an S2 midlife crisis!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Keep the S2 definitely. You will miss it the instant it’s gone. Buy the RS4 too.
          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Not that it will probably help but the B6/B7 platform cars are really brilliant cars. They still have the old school build quality but a much more modern driving experience and as has been noted the B7 RS4 actually handles like a performance car. We've had a B6 S4 since 2010 and its become very much a family pet, just like my coupe.
            I'm sure i will get flamed, but IMHO the B7 RS4 will be the future classic RS to own, rather than the B5 - it just has wider appeal
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yeah it depends what your buying it for too. I think you would regret selling the S2, but an RS4 would be very nice. For the daily I’ve opted for a Skoda Octavia vrs which is a good balance, but not an RS.
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I'd go for the RS4. I'll probably offend many potential millionaires here by saying that I think S2 prices have settled, if not dropped recently, and won't exponentially increase like some similar, but more iconic cars. Your Quattros, Cosworths and the like will always command silly money now, but I don't believe the S2 is in that particular league; they'll fluctuate.

The RS4 is a superb car, much quicker and a nicer place to be than the S2, and value should hold or rise in the short-medium term. That's with the caveat of future taxes, as correctly mentioned above. To own and actually drive either of these cars is going to become more and more difficult (expensive), probably rather quickly

That said, yours is a lovely example, and though it's a nice conundrum to have, there's no real wrong answer.

Comment

I had b7 rs4 9 years ago 20k on the clock full main dealer service history looked and handled excellent but was not quick at all mine was only producing 350 ish bhp now we know why but then audi were full of excuses so i
                  sold mine in 3 months px a rs2 best deal i ever done .
                  personally i would buy b5 rs4 great car and going up in value and keep your s2 if you can .

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
                    Keep the S2 definitely. You will miss it the instant it’s gone. Buy the RS4 too.
                    The ideal solution, but I don't think my wife will let that fly!
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Not that it will probably help but the B6/B7 platform cars are really brilliant cars. They still have the old school build quality but a much more modern driving experience and as has been noted the B7 RS4 actually handles like a performance car. We've had a B6 S4 since 2010 and its become very much a family pet, just like my coupe.
                      I'm sure i will get flamed, but IMHO the B7 RS4 will be the future classic RS to own, rather than the B5 - it just has wider appeal
                      Thanks Alex.(I think! ) I will continue to try and work out what I want!

The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
                        There is also the idea, which everyday becomes less unlikely, that the larger engined cars will suddenly become less valuable first.

It may then prove to be good planning to have a relatively more modestly motored super-car, in a more regulated environment that surely must be coming, and which will no doubt seek to seriously curb our enthusiasm for profligate consumption of hydro-carbons.

Our trajectory of collective inaction on that score and the consequences of same will bring us to some point where penalties are bound to be disproportionately imposed on larger displacement vehicles first.
                        For as complicated as that sounds, I think I know what you mean!

Comment

Working...
                        X